Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cigarette Smoke

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2017 at 3:55 PM
  • 63 Replies
4 moms liked this
I never truly realized how gross cigarette smoke smells until after I quit smoking. These days I get slightly nauseous and a bit of a headache if I'm too close to someone smoking. Like today while I was waiting for the bus and a couple of ladies were smoking about ten feet away. All I could think was, wow that smells awful.

I smoked for six years, but until I quit I never realized how inconsiderate it was to smoke around other people, no matter how courteous I thought I was being. So, if I could, I would apologize to every non smoker I smoked around. You truly don't realize how inconsiderate it is until you've been on both sides. That's just my thought for the day.

Side note: I did not make this post to judge or shame smokers. Having been a smoker that would be hypocritical. I just wanted to comment on how sometimes we don't realize how we affect other people until the shoe is on the other foot.
by on Sep. 25, 2017 at 3:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 25, 2017 at 4:09 PM
I love the smell please blow it right in my face because God do I miss it and love the smell.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 25, 2017 at 4:11 PM
Meh. My mail lady flipped shit because she knocked on MY door with a package and I was smoking when I answered. People like that make me want to kick puppies. Lol.
SweetPegasus08
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2017 at 4:12 PM
Man, I used to love the smell. After I quit, I just don't anymore.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I love the smell please blow it right in my face because God do I miss it and love the smell.
webbsmom
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2017 at 4:13 PM
It used to not bother me, but now I get nauseous anytime I smell cigarette smoke.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 25, 2017 at 4:13 PM

I like the smell. I'm weird though. My grandma (who quit years ago) likes to smell it still. I think if you're outside, it's fine. 

bunchofkidstx
by Cassandra on Sep. 25, 2017 at 4:15 PM

It's never bothered me but I've been smoking for 20 years so I guess that has something to do with it.

SweetPegasus08
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2017 at 4:15 PM
Well that's ridiculous! You were in your own home. That lady was way out of line. I would never flip out on someone over their smoking, in public or in someone's home, that's rude. I may not like how it smells, but I'm not gonna be an asshole about it, you know? Lol

Quoting Anonymous 2: Meh. My mail lady flipped shit because she knocked on MY door with a package and I was smoking when I answered. People like that make me want to kick puppies. Lol.
Chrissy_Lynn
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2017 at 4:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Growing up my parents smoked so I never realized it even had a smell until I moved out at 18.  I now hate the smell 

JalynSpoon
by CajunTarHeel on Sep. 25, 2017 at 4:16 PM

My BF's Step-Dad smokes like a train. I am nervous b/c BF Mom wants the baby to go sleep at her house, a lot. I don't want that because my child will be in a house of smoke, constantly & I don't want my baby stuff to smell.. I don't know how to break it to her that my child won't go over there.

LuvHugs429
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2017 at 4:16 PM

I'm HIGHLY Allergic to Cigarette Smoke. If I even smell a little bit I start going into a Cough attack out of no where. One time it was so bad people thought I was seriously going to pass out from coughing so hard and everyone started looking around for the smoker. They found them about 35 feet from us, no lie. Everyone wanted to know how in the hell I smelled it from that far. I just hate it so bad, I don't know if it's because my stupid Oldest "sister" gave me my First cigarette at 7 yrs old.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)