Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it possible?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
That some people have no purpose in this life other than to raise the next generation? I have been a mother since I was 15.. Always have had my kids, no one has ever had to "help" me with them. Well other than their dad who I have been married to for 12 years.

I feel ugly, I'm 297 lbs, with a cute face I must admit but I feel disgusted with my body. I am a 6th generation obese person.
I'm 27 years old, with a 12 yr old, 10 yr old,
and 4 yr old. Married 12 years. I've never worked outside the home. Although I did go to college for 4 semesters before my youngest was born 4 years ago. I take care of the house, go to all school functions, and fieldtrips and take my kids to all after school activities , my husband is able to go with us to most things..
I have no talents, other than I am bilingual. I love to sing, while I can carry a tune I'm not the singer I would want to be. I can't draw, I can't paint, I can't play an instrument. My kids are happy, my husband is happy, I'm happy, just feel like I'm missing something. I suffer from a chronic illness and anxiety. I used to be so smart, could write things with perfect grammer and answer all kinds of trivial questions. But my condition smashes my brain and has basically a used brain damage. I live in a small town so no classes or hobby's to go to.. Blah blah blah... Good day.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2017 at 4:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 25, 2017 at 4:39 PM
Some people sadly settle for a life they shouldn't.
Curlymom234
by Flamingo lady on Sep. 25, 2017 at 4:41 PM
I bet you do have a talent. If you’re concerned about your weight then diet. There’s some good ones out there babe
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 25, 2017 at 4:42 PM

being a good mother is the most important job ever :) also, meaning this in a very nice way, but have you tried to lose weight? some of your illnesses might be less if you lost weight and you might feel better about yourself as well. you are still so young. it's never too late to get on a healthier path and get a job you might like.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2017 at 4:43 PM
I did keto for 2 months and prwtty much likesd it.. I lost 20 lbs.. Was 279. Then my son got sick and was admitted. I was good for a few days then said screw it.. I just can't seem to get back into the swing. It was very restricting

Quoting Curlymom234: I bet you do have a talent. If you’re concerned about your weight then diet. There’s some good ones out there babe
Tinse
by Crazy Bird Lady on Sep. 25, 2017 at 4:44 PM

Try to lose a bit of weight by watching what you eat and going for a daily walk.  The exercise will make you feel better, I promise.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 25, 2017 at 4:47 PM
Being a mother and care taker is not a consolation prize in life, but it also doesn't have to be the only thing that you do. You can continue your schooling, lose weight, work a job you enjoy, volunteer, whatever it is you'd like to do. You are the only thing preventing that.
LeftieX
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2017 at 4:50 PM
What do you feel drawn to? Is you like creative pursuits keep trying things until you find one you love.

Find a cause to get interested in.

Try something new. Buy a mini trampoline. Get a badminton set for the backward. Learn how to have backyard chickens. Take day trips to nearby parks.

Sounds like you've just gotten bored with your role. Change it up.
Curlymom234
by Flamingo lady on Sep. 25, 2017 at 4:59 PM
Well that’s a valid reason to fall of the wagon. My ob wants me to do the diabetic diet. I’ve heard great things about it.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I did keto for 2 months and prwtty much likesd it.. I lost 20 lbs.. Was 279. Then my son got sick and was admitted. I was good for a few days then said screw it.. I just can't seem to get back into the swing. It was very restricting

Quoting Curlymom234: I bet you do have a talent. If you’re concerned about your weight then diet. There’s some good ones out there babe
SRUsarahSC
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2017 at 5:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I have had many friends drop tons of weight on that one! WW when I follow it works for me. I am now down 50lbs. I also really love to exercise

Quoting Curlymom234: Well that’s a valid reason to fall of the wagon. My ob wants me to do the diabetic diet. I’ve heard great things about it.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I did keto for 2 months and prwtty much likesd it.. I lost 20 lbs.. Was 279. Then my son got sick and was admitted. I was good for a few days then said screw it.. I just can't seem to get back into the swing. It was very restricting

Curlymom234
by Flamingo lady on Sep. 25, 2017 at 5:05 PM
Wow thanks! I need to lose at least 40, and don’t want to go crazy with dieting while pregnant. Weight watchers is a good one too. They have some good recipes.

Quoting SRUsarahSC: I have had many friends drop tons of weight on that one! WW when I follow it works for me. I am now down 50lbs. I also really love to exercise

Quoting Curlymom234: Well that’s a valid reason to fall of the wagon. My ob wants me to do the diabetic diet. I’ve heard great things about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)