Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My kids cost him $600 in plumbing uodated and he is NOT happy updated

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 338 Replies
1 mom liked this
So one of my kids - no clue which because no one will admit it - has been dumping the cat litter down the basement drain rather than taking it out properly.

This has resulted in a backed up sewer, a horrendous smelly mess and $600 in plumbing bills. Plus replacing a wall in the basement because the back up got into the drywall and destroyed it.

My boyfriend is all kinds of furious right now and wants to punish all of the kids severely until one of them admits it. I can't even tell who is lying and usually that is pretty obvious to me.

He wants to take all their electronics. Ground them all and take away Homecoming. I don't know how I feel. It feels very harsh but I can understand why he is so pissed too. It's a stupid thing to do and they are not little kids. They know better. They are 17, 15 and 14, btw.

Update because in tired of typing and retyping. The plumber couldn't fix it without ripping up the floor. It's going to cost way more than we even have in savings. My Mom offered to put it on her credit card and my kids will be paying her monthly bill. My boyfriend is calmer now and he and my sons went to take the snake back to Home Depot.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2017 at 6:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
littlesippycup
by Baby T-rex Arms on Sep. 25, 2017 at 6:03 PM
31 moms liked this
Yeah at that age, he's right.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 25, 2017 at 6:03 PM
2 moms liked this
I agree with him, that's not some little thing.
Ms_Smock
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2017 at 6:03 PM
9 moms liked this
At those ages they should be made to get jobs and pay it back
littlesippycup
by Baby T-rex Arms on Sep. 25, 2017 at 6:03 PM
And they can work that shit off too!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 25, 2017 at 6:03 PM
2 moms liked this
I'd say it's your responsibility to pay for it and determine how to discipline and get the money out of the responsible person(s) yourself.
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 25, 2017 at 6:04 PM

I'm on your boyfriend's side here.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Sep. 25, 2017 at 6:04 PM
3 moms liked this

I agree with BF....no electronics, tv, activites...basically anything and everything they love doing until they tell the truth.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2017 at 6:04 PM
Oh I know they know better and it was done out of sheer laziness. But I can't quite wrap my head around taking homecoming away - especially from my oldest daughter who is a senior - not knowing which one was guilty.

Quoting littlesippycup: Yeah at that age, he's right.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 25, 2017 at 6:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Well, what have YOU done to punish them and find out who did it?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 25, 2017 at 6:04 PM
1 mom liked this
There should be punishment. Not sure about taking away homecoming because that wouldn't be a punishment for all of them would it?
These are your children, not his. The punishment should come from you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)