Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you divorced? Were your parents divorced?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 176 Replies
1 mom liked this

My parents were divorced when I was 11.  

Each remarried someone else and then divorced again. 

My dad was married twice.  My mom was married 4 times. 

I was extremely careful who I chose to marry because I never wanted to end up divorced and I haven't.  I've been married 30 years now.

Were your parents divorced?  Do you think that influenced your attitude toward marriage?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2017 at 6:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
my4kids274
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2017 at 6:34 PM
I am not divorced. My parents divorced when I was 13. My mom remarried but my Dad never did.
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2017 at 6:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Nope, my parents have been married 43 years, my grandparents were married over 50 and 60 years before a spouse passed away
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Sep. 25, 2017 at 6:35 PM
I am married. My parents divorced when I was 21. They've both been remarried over 12 years now.
OxbAbIebxO
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2017 at 6:35 PM
No I’m not. Yes they are. I don’t think it’s influenced me really but I do know if I ever do get divorced, I hope to be able to coparent with my husband as well as my parents always have. There was never a big disruption to our lives even though I was very young when they split. Everything was always still done together and still is now that they have grandchildren. My dad and his GF come down for all the grandkids parties and often stay in the guest room at my mom and step dad’s house. It was nice then and is nice now not to have to worry about doing two of everything because people can’t get along. So if I were ever in that position, I would definitely take a page out of their book and make it work like they did.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 25, 2017 at 6:36 PM
No married 13 yrs together 17 yrs. Both are first marriages. Yes dad married 3 times, mom married 3 times
J.M.O.
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2017 at 6:36 PM
I'm divorced. My parents are still married after 40+ years together. I think it influenced me to stay married longer than I should have.
iamme1986
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2017 at 6:37 PM
My parents have been together for 35ish years. My marriage didn't make it to two years lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 25, 2017 at 6:38 PM

My parents divorced.  My dad remarried 4 times.  My mom just once.

All of my siblings have been divorced and remarried at least once.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 25, 2017 at 6:38 PM
My parents are still happily married (46 years), as are my dh and I (21 years). My dh' s parents have also been happily married for 45 years.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 25, 2017 at 6:39 PM

mine seperated when i was 11 and i think it was officially divorced at 12. but then when i was 15 they decided to get back together and got remarried to each other! i didn't want them to get back together. they were pure drama.

thankfully i met my soul mate and we have been together for 24 years :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)