Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Was this unprofessional of the teacher? Should I complain?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 193 Replies

I am concerned over my daughter's progress in school. I had a meeting with the guidance counselor today and I asked if I could speak with the teacher before I left. The guidance counselor paged the teacher and she came down to see me. I asked her about my daughter's progress and she said that she was missing one assignment from Abigail and I said that's not my daughter and she said Abigail along with her last name and I said no, my DD is Ava.

The teacher looked flustered and gave me the information for what I assume is my DD. I asked if I could have her contact information and she gave it to me. I'm not fully certain we were speaking about my DD. Should I call the prinicipal to complain or do you think it was an innocent mistake?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2017 at 8:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
weeping_angel
by Don't Blink on Sep. 25, 2017 at 8:37 PM
2 moms liked this
Innocent mistake
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Sep. 25, 2017 at 8:38 PM
Let it go for now but keep an eye on papers make sure they are your DDs
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 25, 2017 at 8:38 PM
17 moms liked this
So she misunderstood the student she was being called down about? So what? Set up an actual parent teacher conference instead of springing this on her. You have nothing to complain about.
Saphira1207
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2017 at 8:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Innocent mistake

if your kid is in high school, and it sounds like she is, those teachers have nearly 100 students to keep track of.  And if you didn't tell her your daughters name up front she may not associate you with her.

Plus, to ask her to just recall info without any kind of planner to help her know more precisely what your kid needs to do is silly.  To many kids, too much to keep track of in her head.

mmm2015
by Eldouchedegrande on Sep. 25, 2017 at 8:39 PM
1 mom liked this

What exactly are you going to complain about? That the teacher who was caught unaware becuase you did not schedule a meeting with her, didn't immediatly know who your daughter was?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 25, 2017 at 8:39 PM
1 mom liked this
This.

Quoting Anonymous 2: So she misunderstood the student she was being called down about? So what? Set up an actual parent teacher conference instead of springing this on her. You have nothing to complain about.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2017 at 8:40 PM

It would be a big deal if I punished my child for the assignment that Abigail is missing. I had an actual meeting with the guidance counselor and DD's class was in music which is why the guidance couonselor said I could see her.

Quoting Anonymous 2: So she misunderstood the student she was being called down about? So what? Set up an actual parent teacher conference instead of springing this on her. You have nothing to complain about.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 25, 2017 at 8:40 PM
Innocent mistake. You sprang the teacher conference on her unexpectedly, and she likely has lots and lots of students. Plus you have no idea what else she was dealing with or thinking about. Give her a break. There's literally nothing to report.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 25, 2017 at 8:40 PM

Really? WTF?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 25, 2017 at 8:41 PM

What are the issues you're worried about and why didn't you go to the teacher first?  As for the teacher, it is a simple mistake.  How old is your DD?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)