Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He admitted he loves her not me

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 61 Replies
My husband had an affair with a woman he knew from work last year. He ended up owning up to it and moving in with her for a few months but he ended up deciding to come home and try to work things out for the kids. Things were great at first. We have been in counseling. He cut off all contact with her. He seemed to really be trying.

But the last month or so he's been distant. Working a lot and when he's home he seems really down. Finally yesterday he said he wanted to talk to me. He broke down crying and said he can't do this anymore. He is in love with her and has been since he met her. He can't keep pretending with me and he wants a divorce. He got back in contact with her about a month ago and she feels the same way but she will not be with him until he moved out and files for divorce. He left this morning and is going to talk to a lawyer tomorrow. I am so broken. I have loved him since I was 15. I don't know anything but being with him. I forgave him the first time because I love him and because it is better for our kids that we stay together. He actually said part of him blames me for making it harder for him to be with her by using the kids against him. This hurts so bad.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2017 at 11:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
QueenBof6
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2017 at 11:23 PM
Ouch. 😞
That's horrible.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 25, 2017 at 11:24 PM
I am sorry. Idk what else to say. I went through something similar except we did reconcile. It was grueling. I know how devastated you feel.
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Sep. 25, 2017 at 11:25 PM
6 moms liked this

Let the dirt bag go and find someone who loves you and your kids unconditionally. 

I'm sorry he's an ass.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 25, 2017 at 11:26 PM
Wow
I don't know what to say.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Sep. 25, 2017 at 11:26 PM
4 moms liked this
JFC ........kick that cheating asshole to the curb. You and your kids deserve better than that jerk ass dickhead.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2017 at 11:27 PM
My.kids are at my Mom's because I can't stop crying and I don't want them to see that. I don't even know what to think right now.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I am sorry. Idk what else to say. I went through something similar except we did reconcile. It was grueling. I know how devastated you feel.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 25, 2017 at 11:27 PM

Sorry. Make sure you demand your fair share of the assets and don't count on him being nice in the future. Far too many women make that mistake.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2017 at 11:28 PM
What's got me spun up is he is a good dad. He has always been a sweet and seemingly loving husband. Even when he was cheating. He treated me so well on the surface. I never would have guessed.

Quoting Sassy762: JFC ........kick that cheating asshole to the curb. You and your kids deserve better than that jerk ass dickhead.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 25, 2017 at 11:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't know how old you are now, but "till death do us part" worked better when we died at 40.  

Please don't wreck your relationship with kids over this.  Let him move on, and let yourself move on to the next phase of your life.

You;ll be happier than clinging to a relationship that isn't there anymore.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 25, 2017 at 11:28 PM

He's a loser. Move on, Gurl. You deserve way better. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)