Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I've been single my whole life

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 47 Replies
I'm 35 years old single mother of a son and I've been alone my whole life... I've dated guys.. much more than friends with benefits but still never quite girlfriend. Or I'll think I'm the girlfriend then I'll discover they had another girlfriend who is their "real" girlfriend. Even my sons father I learned had another girlfriend he wasn't there for us.

I'm not sure why I've never been able to connect. Every guy I've dated long term still likes and respects me still checks on me... I'm not sure what's wrong. But now I've got to where I don't believe a real relationship is even possible for me.

Men ask me out at least 3,4 times a week .. I don't always accept of course but the couple times I do I already know something will happen and it does. They already have a girlfriend.. or I'm not attracted to them.. they're too young.. just something. I'm tired of it.

It makes me sad there's a big possibility my son will never see me in a relationship. I gave up on the dream of someone to raise him w me but sometimes I wonder how he feels about that but he's a teenager now so he's old enough to know "mom doesn't have a boyfriend" or husband. I grew up w both parents so I do wonder how he feels

Now after watching most of my friebds get married I'm watching my YOUNGER cousins and family friebds get married in their late 20s. I don't know what's wrong
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 26, 2017 at 12:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 26, 2017 at 12:12 AM
Have you talked to a counselor? It's probably not you, but the guys you attract and are attracted to.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 26, 2017 at 12:18 AM
I'm sure that's what it is but I don't know why im attracting these guys and I don't know why I'm attracted to who I'm attracted to. You're right tho because many guys who I dismissed without giving a chance are married now.. and the ones I dated and played me are still single.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Have you talked to a counselor? It's probably not you, but the guys you attract and are attracted to.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 26, 2017 at 12:24 AM
Something isn't right about being asked out 3x per week. Are you sleeping with these men on the first or second date?

Instead focus on a friendship that evolves into more. Get to know someone before you go on a date.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 26, 2017 at 12:51 AM
You're choosing the wrong men. A therapist can help you figure out why you sabotage yourself.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 26, 2017 at 4:00 AM
I don't accept every time someone asks but yes because of my social circle and job I meet a lot of new people almost every day (marketing). So as a relatively young attractive woman I get asked out often. I don't sleep with guys quickly I've been celibate for a year actually. It's more of a 2nd date or so I find out they already have someone

Quoting Anonymous 3: Something isn't right about being asked out 3x per week. Are you sleeping with these men on the first or second date?

Instead focus on a friendship that evolves into more. Get to know someone before you go on a date.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 26, 2017 at 4:17 AM
I feel this same way.. but I'm just waiting for mr. Right to come along. If he doesn't then I'll be single forever and keep raising my son. At least he will be by my side 😊
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 26, 2017 at 4:20 AM
What about when he goes away to school? I don't want to be that single mom clinging to my son and not letting him have a life because I don't have a husband

Quoting Anonymous 5: I feel this same way.. but I'm just waiting for mr. Right to come along. If he doesn't then I'll be single forever and keep raising my son. At least he will be by my side 😊
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 26, 2017 at 5:12 AM

It sounds to me like you are a doormat.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Sep. 26, 2017 at 5:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Something isn't right, go see a therapist. There ia prob a lot more going on.
anna_bee
by Silver Member on Sep. 26, 2017 at 5:28 AM

I don't think the problem is you. I think it's them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)