Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my kids came to me in tears.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 103 Replies

I have a ds who just turned 6 and an older son in 5th grade. Both were stars of the weeks last week. they put their favorite vacation spot, their favorite pet, where their mommy and daddy were from etc. my older son left the daddy part blank because he doesn't remember his parents but put me in the mommy spot saying I'm Egyptian and Turkish and then had a short story about how I protected him and "adopted" him at 15(I legally didn't until 18 after moving to the US). my younger ds was more simple and just said that I'm Egyptian and Turkish and his daddy is Hawaiian, both said their favorite vacation spots were a tie between Tahoe and death valley.....which started the tormenting. First, my 6-year-old came to me sobbing asking if I took them to death valley so I could kill them, then my 10-year-old came up also in tears and said kids were saying I was going to blow him up. When I asked both teachers about it they said they didn't see anything. today has been much of the same and I threatened the principal with court if she didn't find out whats going on and put a stop to it because obviously, the teachers weren't doing shit about it. we'll see what happens by the end of the week.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 26, 2017 at 1:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ballerossandra
by Platinum Member on Sep. 26, 2017 at 1:44 AM
Good luck
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 26, 2017 at 1:48 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry your sons are being treated so badly. Please keep in mind that bullying brats like those tormenting your sons are usually very careful not to say anything where teachers can hear it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 26, 2017 at 1:54 AM
2 moms liked this
Your response to your children's badgering was an emotional one, not logical. People can't hear what your trying to convey when your screaming/threatening irrelevant litigation. Compose yourself woman. I understand your concern, but there is a better way to approach, & address issues.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 26, 2017 at 1:56 AM

that's the only way to get shit done or else it would be "we didn't see anything". put a fire under their ass to get to the bottom of it. I gave them till the end of the week and then there will be police on campus.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Your response to your children's badgering was an emotional one, not logical. People can't hear what your trying to convey when your screaming/threatening irrelevant litigation. Compose yourself woman. I understand your concern, but there is a better way to approach, & address issues.

susannah2000
by Ruby Member on Sep. 26, 2017 at 1:56 AM
5 moms liked this

First off, this is not bullying. Bully and saying something mean are not the same thing. Bullying is a PATTERN of behavior by someone with any kind of power over someone else. The Death Valley thing is just a stupid thing a kid might say. Kids say stupid things and not nice things. Are you seriously going to threaten to sue a teacher every time someone says something mean to your kid? As for the older one, he needs to get a grip too. There are ignorant people in the world and they also won't always be nice. Suing people is not the way to deal with mean or ignorant remarks. Ignoring the behavior is.

susannah2000
by Ruby Member on Sep. 26, 2017 at 1:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous 1:

that's the only way to get shit done or else it would be "we didn't see anything". put a fire under their ass to get to the bottom of it. I gave them till the end of the week and then there will be police on campus.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Your response to your children's badgering was an emotional one, not logical. People can't hear what your trying to convey when your screaming/threatening irrelevant litigation. Compose yourself woman. I understand your concern, but there is a better way to approach, & address issues.

Police? You are insane. Just because a couple of kids said mean things to your kids. Did no one ever tease you or say mean things to you when you were a kid? The police are going to laugh in your face.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 26, 2017 at 1:59 AM

they are calling me a fucking terrorist that's ok to you?

Quoting susannah2000:

First off, this is not bullying. Bully and saying something mean are not the same thing. Bullying is a PATTERN of behavior by someone with any kind of power over someone else. The Death Valley thing is just a stupid thing a kid might say. Kids say stupid things and not nice things. Are you seriously going to threaten to sue a teacher every time someone says something mean to your kid? As for the older one, he needs to get a grip too. There are ignorant people in the world and they also won't always be nice. Suing people is not the way to deal with mean or ignorant remarks. Ignoring the behavior is.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 26, 2017 at 1:59 AM

are you completely stupid or can you just not read?

Quoting susannah2000:

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Police? You are insane. Just because a couple of kids said mean things to your kids. Did no one ever tease you or say mean things to you when you were a kid? The police are going to laugh in your face.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 26, 2017 at 2:02 AM
Lmfao
MamaNeeNee
by Silver Member on Sep. 26, 2017 at 2:03 AM
1 mom liked this

not to be rude but... tell them to stick up for themselves.  I always tell my kids that words only hurt if you let them.  I tell them that if kids say mean things to them, they need to say mean stuff right back. There's usually only one teacher per like 20-30 kids.  Could you keep up with that many kids all day?  

Kids are mean.  They have to learn to have thicker skin or they'll be crying all the time. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)