Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To work with wet hair?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
I have long but fine hair, so it's very noticeable when it's wet but doesn't take that long to dry. I have stopped blow drying my hair. So when I go to work it's wet and it takes about an hour to dry.

I'm not sure how "acceptable" this Is? I work in an office, but I sit in my cube and we don't have customers. Everyone can see my hair is wet when I walk through the building to my floor and cube. We generally don't have any meetings when I first come in though.

Is this perceived poorly? Would you do it? Am I overthinking this?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 26, 2017 at 8:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pink.Sunshine
by Petty Princess on Sep. 26, 2017 at 8:03 AM
It always looks terrible imo. Wouldn't blowing it out give it more volume?
constantg
by Gold Member on Sep. 26, 2017 at 8:03 AM
I have thick hair that takes hours to dry, so I can't do it. Wash and condition at night and wear a hotel cap during your morning showers. Dry shampoo if needed to soak up any oils.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 26, 2017 at 8:04 AM
You don't stink. It's fine unless your boss doesn't like it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 26, 2017 at 8:04 AM
I'd think as long as you aren't dealing with customers, it's okay, though if you're looking to move up in the company you may want to just wash your hair a few minutes earlier to be sure it's dry by the time you get to the office.
EarlGrayHot
by Platinum Member on Sep. 26, 2017 at 8:04 AM

No.  It's not considered professional.  Why don't you use the blow dryer so you can appear to be a professional?  That's what hair dryers are for-so you don't have to go outside with wet hair.  Sounds like you are simply lazy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 26, 2017 at 8:06 AM
Ugly that's ugly
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 26, 2017 at 8:07 AM
I stopped because it was frying my hair. It's so much healthier now.

Maybe I will just start putting it up before work.

Quoting EarlGrayHot:

No.  It's not considered professional.  Why don't you use the blow dryer so you can appear to be a professional?  That's what hair dryers are for-so you don't have to go outside with wet hair.  Sounds like you are simply lazy.

lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Sep. 26, 2017 at 8:19 AM
I think it's very unprofessional. Can you do it the night before
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 26, 2017 at 8:25 AM
If I do it the night before it's a poof mess in the morning and looks terrible.

I think I'm going to just start putting it up in the morning instead. Sounds like it's an issue to just let it hang wet.

Quoting lucky2Beeme: I think it's very unprofessional. Can you do it the night before
MountainMomma3
by Sound of Madness on Sep. 26, 2017 at 8:27 AM

It's probably not considered professional, but at least you are clean, lol! I would rahter see someone come in with wet hair, than some who stink and have greasy hair because they don't shower.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)