Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Awkwardness at work...WWYD?

Posted by on Sep. 26, 2017 at 9:00 AM
  • 28 Replies
My co worker and I both put in for a transfer to a different location. I got the transfer. When co worker got the phone call telling her she didn't get it, she was upset and crying. We work opposite schedules but I was filling in that day so we were working together. She didn't tell me what had happened but another co worker told me.

She's been with the organization 5 years and has about 15 years experience. I just hit my one year anniversary; this is my first job in this field. I can see why she's upset.

We have to work together tomorrow. My question is, do I say something about the transfer or leave it alone? We have always worked together well, no issues there.
by on Sep. 26, 2017 at 9:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
K3412
by Platinum Member on Sep. 26, 2017 at 9:01 AM
Just don't bring it up. There's zero reason to.
rebeccasmommy09
by Gold Member on Sep. 26, 2017 at 9:02 AM
I wouldn't bring it up
bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 26, 2017 at 9:05 AM
Leave it completely alone. If she brings it up, tell her you would rather not talk about it and get busy doing something.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 26, 2017 at 9:05 AM

Don't bring it up.  Just understand if she doesn't speak to you much.

STVUstudent
by Platinum Member on Sep. 26, 2017 at 9:06 AM

leave it alone.  What could you say that would make her feel better?  Unless she brings it up, let it go.

pumpkinheart
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2017 at 9:07 AM
I want to avoid any awkwardness but there may not be a way to! Thanks for the reply.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Don't bring it up.  Just understand if she doesn't speak to you much.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 26, 2017 at 9:08 AM
Don't say anything. There's a reason you were picked for the transfer.
pumpkinheart
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2017 at 9:09 AM
True. I feel bad for her, she's a great person and I just hope she isn't upset with me.

Quoting STVUstudent:

leave it alone.  What could you say that would make her feel better?  Unless she brings it up, let it go.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 26, 2017 at 9:09 AM
I would think that you should be smart enough to figure this out on your own. Why would you need to bring it up?
STVUstudent
by Platinum Member on Sep. 26, 2017 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this

she may be mad, or dissapointed that she did not get the transfer, but if she is any kind of rational person she should know that this is not something that YOU did to HER.  It just worked out that way.  Maybe she needs to go to the supervisor and find out why she was not selected.

Quoting pumpkinheart: True. I feel bad for her, she's a great person and I just hope she isn't upset with me.
Quoting STVUstudent:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)