Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My horrible confession: I left a play group with my toddler before it even started because....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 174 Replies
I received a notice in the mail from a school district two towns over saying they were starting a toddler play hour every week at this one school. I have a toddler! This is great! She can play and meet some friends and have socialization. So we went yesterday, it was the first day, I drove to the school, it was pretty seedy looking in a low income area.

Well I thought since we all received the flyer in my neighborhood there would be a few people I would know or recognize. Nope! These people were not the type of people I normally associate with! Half looked like they just rolled out of bed, collected their welfare check and the. Stumbled on over to the school, some looked like they just got out of prison and others looked like they were employed on a street corner.

We didn't even get out of the car! I locked the doors and kept driving! So this is my awful confession. I didn't take my daughter to a play group because I didn't like the look of the people there.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 26, 2017 at 9:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 26, 2017 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't blame you. I would have done that same. Well if I was into that sort of thing in the first place. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 26, 2017 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't blame you. I once took my daughter to a place that was recommended, to get a flu shot when she was a baby. I went in there, looked around, everyone was seedy looking, it was awful. I just turned around and left.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 26, 2017 at 9:52 AM
I don't blame you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 26, 2017 at 9:52 AM
1 mom liked this
I'll try and find a different group that is closer to our neck of the woods lol! The library does one but it's only a half hour long and there is only 2 other kids that go, better than that one though! The parents look normal at least lol!

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I don't blame you. I would have done that same. Well if I was into that sort of thing in the first place. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 26, 2017 at 9:52 AM
I have no issues with that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 26, 2017 at 9:52 AM

It's not horrible and I don't blame you.  When my oldest was pre K aged, I found out the only school in town that had it was in the worst neighborhood and I just taught him at home until he turned 5 and could start Kindergarten.  That school was a block from our house and was miles better than the other one.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 26, 2017 at 9:52 AM
Oh god I felt like such a judgmental shit but I have no regrets lol

Quoting Anonymous 3:

I don't blame you. I once took my daughter to a place that was recommended, to get a flu shot when she was a baby. I went in there, looked around, everyone was seedy looking, it was awful. I just turned around and left.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Sep. 26, 2017 at 9:53 AM
3 moms liked this
Judgemental
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Sep. 26, 2017 at 9:53 AM

Ghetto

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 26, 2017 at 9:53 AM
It was so bad!

Quoting Anonymous 6:

It's not horrible and I don't blame you.  When my oldest was pre K aged, I found out the only school in town that had it was in the worst neighborhood and I just taught him at home until he turned 5 and could start Kindergarten.  That school was a block from our house and was miles better than the other one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)