Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you send your child to school?

Posted by on Sep. 26, 2017 at 10:40 AM
  • 81 Replies
We were on vacation in the Outer Banks but were then under mandatory evacuation because of Maria. So now we're in VA and trying to find a place for the rest of the week that will accommodate all ten of us. It's probably not going to pan out, so we might bag The Vacation That Never Was and go home.

If we do go home, I wonder if we should send DD8 to school or use the remainder of the week as a staycation and explore local places.

WWYD? School or exploration?

(What I really would like to do is go off on our own and get a hotel room at a beach closer to home. We haven't ruled that out yet.)
by on Sep. 26, 2017 at 10:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 26, 2017 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Explore!!!
The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Sep. 26, 2017 at 10:41 AM

I'd send her to school.

EarlGrayHot
by Platinum Member on Sep. 26, 2017 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this

You took your kid out of school for a vacation?  Your kid should be in school.  And you should plan better.  Like plan for vacations during summer when school is out and plan NOT to go on vacation in a hurricane zone.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 26, 2017 at 10:42 AM

I'd just keep him home and try to enjoy the rest of the "vacation." I'd try to find a hotel by the beach like you said. I've been planning my vacation and everything is super cheap right now. I mean I don't know about everywhere but the places I've been looking at are. 

angela.barlow
by Ange on Sep. 26, 2017 at 10:42 AM
School
SlightlyPerfect
by Ruby Member on Sep. 26, 2017 at 10:43 AM
We're pulling her out again for a Disney trip in December, though. It might be beneficial to bank the vacation days. But we do live near Philly. We could explore there!

Quoting Anonymous 1: Explore!!!
Madeyemoody
by Constant vigilance on Sep. 26, 2017 at 10:43 AM
School
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 26, 2017 at 10:43 AM
School
FoxForceFive
by Gold Member on Sep. 26, 2017 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this

School. Especially since you're pulling her out of school again in a few months for another vacation.

Hanab818
by ThePonds on Sep. 26, 2017 at 10:44 AM
School

Quoting SlightlyPerfect: We're pulling her out again for a Disney trip in December, though. It might be beneficial to bank the vacation days. But we do live near Philly. We could explore there!

Quoting Anonymous 1: Explore!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)