Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

White Privilege from a black girl's view edit in red

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 195 Replies
9 moms liked this

Have you ever went to a store and been followed around? I have.

Have you had white people look at you like you are going to take their wallet and all your doing is standing in line to pay for your grocery? I have

Have you ever been called the n word by a white person? I have.

Have you ever been stopped by a white cop because of the color of your skin when you were not doing anything wrong but he want's to nippick your car? I have been stopped because of my skin color by a white cop, yes I was with in my driving rights and if it was not for having a black cop there who knows what would have happen even the black cop stopped and looked at the white cop for the things he was saying. 

The next thing I want to say is the whole black and proud it is not because we want to separate our-self's from others it is because of how far we have come as a black society. We have now in the last 20 years we have been breaking out of stereotypes. It has been a slow possess to get the rights afforded to us.

50 years ago we were not able to ride the front of the bus, share a bathroom, eat at the same tables, swim in the same pools or walk through the same entrance and white people,

40 years ago we were not allowed to marry white people, it has taken 300 years to finally get a black president and 80 years before Disney finally gave us a black princesses. 

So yes when i hear something good that a black man or women is doing I am proud because they were able to achieve something that was not possible 30 years ago, I am proud. When I hear something positive in the black community I celebrate. 

Before you make a statement on what black people are going through and why we do the things we do go back and read on it get the whole details and see why we are still fighting the same fight. Yes as a whole we all need to teach our kids tolerance and to put God back in the nation.

Edit: I want to make a few things clear. I am mixed with black and white. My mom is blonde hair and blue eyes. I do know that all races have been though things. Some of these things have happen to me in just the last few months. I have been called the N word just for going to the mountains. I am not mad anymore nor am I bitter and I don't have anything against white people. I had to adjust and not care what anyone thought of me becasue I was either too black for the white people or to white for the black people and I had to learn to be me and find out who I am as a human being and not as a color. But racisim is still out there no matter how much we don't want to see it. This was not a post meant to bash anyone group but to let people know what is going on and try to come together. I am scared for this new generation that is coming. It seems people are saying forget the past but the past is what made us who we are today and we need to learn from it in order not to repeat the same mistakes but, we are only now it's the trans and the gay marrages who are our n words. They are going though a tough time right now becasue of hate. When will it end?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 29, 2017 at 1:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 1:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Image result for quaker gif

OP when using the anon feature you should really change your font also, its a dead giveaway

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 1:20 AM
*rolls eyes*
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 1:31 AM
Oh brother.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Sep. 29, 2017 at 1:34 AM
4 moms liked this

Image result for here we go gif

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 1:34 AM
Have you ever went to a store and been followed around? Yes,I think it was a "class" thing because they assumed I was poor.

Have you had white people look at you like you are going to take their wallet and all your doing is standing in line to pay for your grocery? No

Have you ever been called the n word by a white person? I have. No not the N word but other names from more then 1 race,

Have you ever been stopped by a white cop because of the color of your skin when you were not doing anything wrong but he want's to nippick your car? Maybe... I don't really no the reason. I was with a friend 1 night when her car over heated.We stopped at a closed gas station to put water in her car.When a cop pulled up behind us then started giving us the 3 degree. What are you doing here? That should of be obvious from the smoke coming from the car.He proceeded to ask us questions about what illegal activity we engaged in that night. He ran out into because he said we probably has warrants.He was a jerk the whole time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 1:35 AM
5 moms liked this

You are the kind of person who gives black people a bad name. 

Quakercaoimhe
by on Sep. 29, 2017 at 1:40 AM
7 moms liked this

It's not me, and as I have stated on here roughly one thousand times, I am not black, I am white. I just have empathy and a desire to learn.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Image result for quaker gif

OP when using the anon feature you should really change your font also, its a dead giveaway

Quakercaoimhe
by on Sep. 29, 2017 at 1:41 AM
7 moms liked this

Thank you for taking the time to educate people on here by sharing your valid experiences. I'm so sorry for the continual doubt and blatant racism you'll face here. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 1:41 AM
3 moms liked this
Have I been followed around a store? Yes
Have I been given dirty, suspicious looks in a line? Yes
Have I been stopped by a white cop when I was doing nothing wrong then questioned and had not only my license but dhs license ran? Yep sure have. In fact one day I was driving home and every cop I passed went out of their way to get behind me and follow me for a distance. There were 10 of them who did this by the time I got home!
Btw you are 10 years off on your dates. Not sure what blacks couldn't achieve 30 years ago since everything you list was 50+ years ago.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 1:45 AM
2 moms liked this
I don't speak for others, just like this is your view not the same view as every black girl in this country.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)