Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My DD just threatened to stab her sister!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 195 Replies
Dd12 was standing in the kitchen when her older sister (19) started teasing her about a crush. Dd replies "shut up or I'll slice your throat and watch all the blood pour out" before bursting out laughing at our shock. I've taken her ipad/phone and spent an hour talking to her about how horrible that was. She thinks dd19 is in the wrong and then went through dd19's room, found her diary, found out who she was dating and then began teasing her. Dd simply laughed and said "and?".

Ideas on what to do with dd12? She is not allowed to watch violent or sexual content.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 29, 2017 at 1:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 1:21 AM
3 moms liked this
I would have slapped her across her face. You don't joke about that shit. Your dd is fucked up.
Phoenix_lament
by Fawkes on Sep. 29, 2017 at 1:22 AM
Your DD needs an evaluation. It is not normal tween behavior to joke about something like that.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Sep. 29, 2017 at 1:24 AM

That is not funny at all. I would be tempted to call 911 and have her taken to the hospital for a psych evaluation. If you did that I guarantee she would never utter those disgusting words again. She would be grounded for weeks if not months for that stupid stunt

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 1:25 AM

I would suggest getting her into therapy it's not normal especially at her age to joke about something so serious and a major overreaction on her part.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 29, 2017 at 1:26 AM
I can do an evaluation without calling 911. I don't want to take a bed from someone who actually needs it

Quoting Sassy762:

That is not funny at all. I would be tempted to call 911 and have her taken to the hospital for a psych evaluation. If you did that I guarantee she would never utter those disgusting words again. She would be grounded for weeks if not months for that stupid stunt

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 29, 2017 at 1:27 AM
Trust me. I'm considering it. I just don't want to take therapy from someone who actually needs it

Quoting Anonymous 3:

I would suggest getting her into therapy it's not normal especially at her age to joke about something so serious and a major overreaction on her part.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 1:27 AM
First lock up knives and such second she needs to speak to a therapist third threats continue she s out admitted for psychological evaluate very messed up
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Sep. 29, 2017 at 1:27 AM

True but it might scare her more because the police would be there also.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I can do an evaluation without calling 911. I don't want to take a bed from someone who actually needs it
Quoting Sassy762:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 29, 2017 at 1:28 AM
True. I've just heard so many horror stories. I don't want her put on drugs unnecessarily

Quoting Sassy762:

True but it might scare her more because the police would be there also.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I can do an evaluation without calling 911. I don't want to take a bed from someone who actually needs it

Quoting Sassy762:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 1:31 AM
1 mom liked this

She needs it and now while she's still young so she doesn't end up doing something worse when she gets older.  If the therapist decides she doesn't need it anymore they will dismiss her so you won't be taking any room for someone who needs it.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Trust me. I'm considering it. I just don't want to take therapy from someone who actually needs it
Quoting Anonymous 3:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)