Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No more cosleeping :(

Posted by on Sep. 29, 2017 at 2:32 AM
  • 12 Replies
My almost 4 month old daughter finally rolled over today (several times in a row!), and it's now time for her to go in the crib. I love cosleeping with her, and by cosleeping, I mean using a bed specifically for cosleeping. Unfortunately, I'm a sucker for rules, and the bed clearly states not to use once they start to roll over. I'm just sad, I'm going to miss being able to hold her hand while she sleeps, or see her smiling face first thing when I wake. It's going to be a rough night for me :(
by on Sep. 29, 2017 at 2:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 2:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Rules are sometimes meant to be broken. All 3 of my kids slept in the bed with us until almost 2.
You need to do what's best for your family, if cosleeping is best do it. If you don't want to don't.
SpaceCloud
by ~Cloudy~ on Sep. 29, 2017 at 2:36 AM
I know, probably sounds stupid to some, but she's my last child, and I'm trying to savor every moment, but they truly grow so fast!
SpaceCloud
by ~Cloudy~ on Sep. 29, 2017 at 2:39 AM
I would rather her be safe. I'd be so paranoid about her rolling off the bed or suffocating. I know plenty of people who cosleep just fine, but I'm naturally cautious and tend to overthink everything.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Rules are sometimes meant to be broken. All 3 of my kids slept in the bed with us until almost 2.
You need to do what's best for your family, if cosleeping is best do it. If you don't want to don't.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 2:41 AM
Co-sleeping isn't for you. You'll have a couple nights of being worried but you'll and baby will sleep just fine.

I was the opposite I always freaked if I couldn't feel baby breathing. So I was always awake checking. So for everyone's sanity in the house cosleeping was amazing! Lol!

Quoting SpaceCloud: I would rather her be safe. I'd be so paranoid about her rolling off the bed or suffocating. I know plenty of people who cosleep just fine, but I'm naturally cautious and tend to overthink everything.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Rules are sometimes meant to be broken. All 3 of my kids slept in the bed with us until almost 2.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 2:41 AM

I never coslept. I needs my space. But since you have been cosleeping I can understand why you're sad. Hang in there. Sending good thoughts. 

Smokeygirl
by Gold Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 2:42 AM
We never planned to cosleep- our older kid was in his crib at 3 months. Our little one was a whole different animal and wouldn't sleep through the night until 2. She ended up in our bed until 14 months and would wake up multiple times a night after we moved her into the crib. You do what you need to do!

Good luck!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 2:54 AM
I am sure it was great while it lasted. My DH snores and while I can sleep through it, our LOs haven’t. They would lay with me when they nursed but they would only ever be there for a short nap after eating before they were ready to go to their own bed. I missed out on those cuddles. I would be worried about her rolling off too and it’s good to follow your instincts on when to follow guidelines or not.

Congrats on your rolling baby though! It is so fun to watch them discover how to move around.
BRhapsody
by Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 3:49 AM

All our babies have bed shared with us from the start, until they're around 2.5-3. I can't imagine not having my small child right there with me. But, I also breastfeed and it's so much more convenient. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 4:59 AM
I cosleep with my 2 month old. I absolutely love it and I don't think I'll stop cosleeping for awhile tbh. He's my little cuddle bug! You could always put your baby up against the wall, so he or she can't roll off the bed.
Isaacsmom913
by Ruby Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 5:32 AM
How about a pack and play next to the bed? I can't remember the rules for the basinet part but maybe that would offer you a compromise?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)