Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DH really pissed me off!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
I've been the breadwinner for years. I drained my saving etc to take care of the family.

DH finally landed a good job and gives me 400/week. He has the nerve to say that since we have 5 pays this month I have to give him the 400 back. Fine.

He goes on and on about it although he is only getting 50$ because he needed a car battery 75$ he needed gas 50 and he locked himself out of his car. I had to help him each time.

It just pisses me off that he us sooooooooo happy that I'm broke after helping him all these years and he gets his 5th pay to himself
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 29, 2017 at 2:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 29, 2017 at 3:02 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 3:05 AM
1 mom liked this
This is why there is no my money your money in my marriage...this kind of behavior is petty and manipulative.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 4:22 AM
I'm glad that there is no "my money" in my marriage it's all our money. Dh is the only one working right now but I can access the money anytime.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 4:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like you have a piece of shit husband
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 4:53 AM
I would go back to work and start an exit strategy. I don't play that bullshit.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 5:51 AM
Yeah fuck that my dh knows there's no my money or his money it's our money I can buy what I need or what ds needs when we need it without asking or anything. I wouldnt give him shit and would be finding me a job so I could leave the asshole. That's abuse.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 29, 2017 at 6:26 AM
I work but I'm make much less.

Quoting Anonymous 6: Yeah fuck that my dh knows there's no my money or his money it's our money I can buy what I need or what ds needs when we need it without asking or anything. I wouldnt give him shit and would be finding me a job so I could leave the asshole. That's abuse.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 6:34 AM
Well take your checks and a portion of his an start stashing money. He is financially abusing you by controlling the money.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I work but I'm make much less.

Quoting Anonymous 6: Yeah fuck that my dh knows there's no my money or his money it's our money I can buy what I need or what ds needs when we need it without asking or anything. I wouldnt give him shit and would be finding me a job so I could leave the asshole. That's abuse.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 29, 2017 at 7:12 AM
I work. I just make much less. A few months ago we had a 5 pay month and he went on and on an about it.

Iv e drained my money helping him.

Quoting Anonymous 5: I would go back to work and start an exit strategy. I don't play that bullshit.
Punky_1981
by Silver Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 7:17 AM
1 mom liked this

If you were working, why did you have to drain your savings? 

I'd be telling him he could deal with it, and that money was going into the savings account whether he liked it or not. No, he wouldn't be getting it back. It's not a free check. The kids and household still need things. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)