Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

They need to divorce

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 131 Replies
My parents are both alcoholics. My mom can't control her alcohol whatsoever. My dad can, but he's a dick when he's drunk. My mom started drinking at 1pm today and I stayed clear. Locked myself in my room with my son pretty much all day. I went for a walk with my son and came back to her yelling at my 5 year old niece. My brother and niece live here too, my niece is here only half the month. But anyways, my brother had it under control. He told my niece to eat all of her dinner and she kept saying she didn't want to eat steak and baked potatoe. So he made her stay at the table until she was done, I walk in and my brothers in the garage drinking with my dad and my moms in the kitchen yelling at my niece! I told her to knock it off. I was like god mom you wouldn't ever yell at 'niece' when your sober. So then I tell my niece to just eat dinner quickly so she can go lay down and watch a movie. Then my mom starts yelling at me, I just walked away... back into my room. I'm seriously hating living back with my parents... I just moved back recently due to a break up. But this shit makes life SO much harder.. if I ever catch her yelling at my son I'll flip out! He doesn't need to be in this environment and I'm so sad it's got to this point where I have to raise him here for awhile.. I'm the only sober adult in this house and I'm tired of watching all the stupidity. I just needed to vent...

Oh and then my parents fought all night. Yelling at each other calling each other names.. ugh what a life they live! They are never happy with each other and I seriously hope they divorce so they can both be happy one day.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 29, 2017 at 5:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 29, 2017 at 5:41 AM
Bump
Mom2Boys9501
by Platinum Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 5:50 AM
Can you talk to them both when they are sober and tell them how you feel?
Ask them to go get help?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 5:54 AM
Try herion addcits they are worse but I feel your pain just talk to them when they are sober then you get a job save up and get the hell out of there asap. Go apply for public housing you might be able to get in there quick depending on you state.
SueWanda
by Platinum Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 5:57 AM
I'd have panic attacks every day if I had to live with my mother and her husband. Work hard, get you and your son out ASAP.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 5:58 AM
3 moms liked this
It sounds like there are a lot of adults in the family that need to start being adults.
Rhodin
by Ruby Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 6:06 AM
I think I'd rather sleep in a car.

Can you and your brother rent a place together?
RachelBy
by Gold Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 6:08 AM
That sounds so stressful :((
grannie_kel
by Platinum Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 6:11 AM
The time has come to move out. Don't keep your child in an abusive household when you clearly know that is what it is just because you are benefitting financially from it. That makes you abusive as well.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 6:16 AM
It does sound horrible. However you have placed yourself and your son in that environment.

The bottom line isn't so much their behavior as it is how your behavior and your choices are affecting your life.

You have to do some serious soul-searching and figure out how to change things for the better in your life.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 6:35 AM
Get your own place or shut the hell up.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)