Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help me pick a vacation!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

I'm trying to plan a vacation on short notice  I've got a few ideas floating around. We have 9 days, Saturday (not this week) through Sunday, the kids will need to be back in school on Monday. These are some of the things I'm thinking. Which sounds best to you? Or do you have any other suggestions?

Paris: My DD (8) has always wanted to go to Paris, and we could stay at Disneyland for either all or part of the trip. The downside is that it might be difficult to get a babysitter so DH and I could have any alone time. I also have a DS (6) who might feel like we're doing this for his sister and nothing for him.

Visit the in-laws: They're family, we all get along great, free babysitter. But not much to do in their town, and we were there recently.

Stay close to home: We live in the city, you can travel a few miles outside of it and it's like you're in a different world. And of course, there are tons of things to do in the city. But all of these are things we could do individually whenever we have less time available, and I want to make the most of these 9 days.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 29, 2017 at 5:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
goatmom4
by Gold Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 5:27 AM
Don't go to big we had kids get sick ,but we have tented in yard with tekky torches but a zoo can be fun give everyone cameras do art after
Isaacsmom913
by Ruby Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 5:30 AM
Paris would be amazing but she is 8, I would wait until she is older and would really appreciate the trip.

If you would do Disney there why not do it at home? You could take her to Paris in Epcot, she would have a blast and still make a lasting memory. If you stay on property they offer baby sitting services. The only problem I see is if you aren't 6 mos out dining and fast passes may be more difficult if not impossible to secure
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 29, 2017 at 5:39 AM

My kids are pretty resilient, they don't get sick a lot and even when they do they've generally handled it pretty well. We're at the zoo at least once a month.There is a lodge at one local zoo that I would like to stay at some time, but again, that's just a 1 or 2 day thing, and I don't think the kids would appreciate it so I'd rather do that kid-free.

Quoting goatmom4: Don't go to big we had kids get sick ,but we have tented in yard with tekky torches but a zoo can be fun give everyone cameras do art after

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 29, 2017 at 5:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I had the same thought that she might not appreciate Paris as much at her age, but on the other hand if we wait too long she won't enjoy Disneyland as much. Paris is the nearest Disneyland to us. I hadn't thought to check with Disney for babysitting services, thanks for the tip.

Quoting Isaacsmom913: Paris would be amazing but she is 8, I would wait until she is older and would really appreciate the trip. If you would do Disney there why not do it at home? You could take her to Paris in Epcot, she would have a blast and still make a lasting memory. If you stay on property they offer baby sitting services. The only problem I see is if you aren't 6 mos out dining and fast passes may be more difficult if not impossible to secure

Isaacsmom913
by Ruby Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 6:16 AM
I didn't realize you weren't in the US either! So given that, she may enjoy Paris!

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I had the same thought that she might not appreciate Paris as much at her age, but on the other hand if we wait too long she won't enjoy Disneyland as much. Paris is the nearest Disneyland to us. I hadn't thought to check with Disney for babysitting services, thanks for the tip.

Quoting Isaacsmom913: Paris would be amazing but she is 8, I would wait until she is older and would really appreciate the trip.

If you would do Disney there why not do it at home? You could take her to Paris in Epcot, she would have a blast and still make a lasting memory. If you stay on property they offer baby sitting services. The only problem I see is if you aren't 6 mos out dining and fast passes may be more difficult if not impossible to secure

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 29, 2017 at 6:52 AM
We'll be visiting the US next year, so technically we could do Disney there then, but Paris is more appealing over-all to me than Florida or California.

Quoting Isaacsmom913: I didn't realize you weren't in the US either! So given that, she may enjoy Paris!

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Isaacsmom913: Paris would be amazing but she is 8, I would wait until she is older and would really appreciate the trip.

Isaacsmom913
by Ruby Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 7:31 AM
Heck yes!

Quoting Anonymous 1: We'll be visiting the US next year, so technically we could do Disney there then, but Paris is more appealing over-all to me than Florida or California.

Quoting Isaacsmom913: I didn't realize you weren't in the US either! So given that, she may enjoy Paris!

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)