Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm going to take this to HR.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
My job is always doing outreach. It isn't the primary focus of the job but they do a lot.

I don't mind BUT they always want us to wear T shirts and take pictures.

I'm 30lbs overweight. It is mostly in my bottom. The shirts they give me are too small. I never wear them. The second thing is the constant picture taking. I never sign the release but the company photographer is always trying me.

I'm going to say the flash triggers my migraines and be done.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 29, 2017 at 7:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 7:34 AM
What a baby
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 29, 2017 at 7:34 AM
Okay. I'm going to get accommodations.

Quoting Anonymous 2: What a baby
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 7:34 AM
What is this bitch and complain about silly things morning?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 29, 2017 at 7:35 AM
YEAH.

Quoting Anonymous 3: What is this bitch and complain about silly things morning?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 7:36 AM
Trolltastic
spear.mint
by Nightmare on Sep. 29, 2017 at 7:37 AM
2 moms liked this

I don't blame you. I know what it's like to be in situations like that where you are just super uncomfortable. I think doing outreach is great, but the glorifying of it and needing to take pictures and brag is so obnoxious.

I would just flat out say that I was happy to help, but not interested in the publicity. And if they had a problem with it, oh well.

But your approach works too, so go for it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 7:38 AM
If a flash gives you migraines then does the sun and other likgt do also?
AbbyWalsh
by Gold Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 7:40 AM
I would first make sure you didn't sign a release without realizing it. Then make that and the t-shirt size the issue. Nothing can be fixed or changed if you don't speak up. Lying won't change anything.

Especially telling them the flash gives you migraines (unless it actually does) will cause a situation where nobody wants you in the room, so they can take pictures of others. There could be a trickle-down effect of you not being "welcome" in your job.

If you did sign a release, you can probably revoke it. If having a larger shirt solves the problems, then take that route.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 7:41 AM
Tell HR that you are wanted for murder and you can't be in any publications because of that. They will fire you and then you can get unemployment. Win/win.
AbbyWalsh
by Gold Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 7:42 AM
Camera flashes and flashlights aimed at me give me migraines. Sometimes driving toward the sun gives me migraines, depending on the angle. It sucks.

Quoting Anonymous 5: If a flash gives you migraines then does the sun and other likgt do also?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)