Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not meant to be a girl Mom. Lol

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
I am used to boys and I understand them. I have two boys myself who are 15 and 18. Yes, they can be a pain sometimes but for some reason it doesn't bother me near as much. I have never been very girly so that's probably a big part of it. Anyway, my 14 yr old stepdaughter bewilders me and makes me crazy.

She usually isn't here on the weekdays. Usually just every other weekends and afternoons here and there. They are very informal about the custody arrangements. She has been here since Monday and will be for another whole week because her Mom is out of town for work and she didn't want to stay along for that long.

Mornings have become a nightmare since she has been here. I usually don't even wake up when the boys are getting ready for school. They get up. They get ready. They go. They are always careful not to disturb me because I work 7 PM - 3:30 AM so this is usually my sleeping time.

No way can that happen with her here. She hogs the bathroom so the boys barely have time to get ready themselves. She bitches LOUDLY about everything. She has meltdowns if her hair isn't just right or her she can't decide what to wear. She slams around the kitchen because she is literally in a foul mood every single morning. The boys have reminded her to be quiet because I just went to sleep several times. I've asked her nicely to please be quieter. My husband has told her she needs to be quiet and respectful in the mornings. She just can't quite seem to manage it. It's driving me NUTS.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 29, 2017 at 7:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Sep. 29, 2017 at 7:35 AM
Welcome to my world.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 7:38 AM
Well she doesn't want to be there that long and it sounds like you don't want her there either. This is the life you CHOSE. Deal with it. Tell your sons to take their showers at night on days she is there. Some people aren't morning people and can't deal with people talking to them or being up when they are up. So come up with ways to eliminate some of the interactions between your boys and her in the mornings.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 29, 2017 at 7:42 AM
1 mom liked this
My boys shouldn't have to give up showering before school because she is here. If someone needs to adjust their routine, its her. She isn't the queen of the world. She can take a quicker shower than she is used to, shower at night or get up earlier. There are options. No, she doesn't have to be a morning person but she doesn't have to be rude and bitchy either.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Well she doesn't want to be there that long and it sounds like you don't want her there either. This is the life you CHOSE. Deal with it. Tell your sons to take their showers at night on days she is there. Some people aren't morning people and can't deal with people talking to them or being up when they are up. So come up with ways to eliminate some of the interactions between your boys and her in the mornings.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 7:42 AM
2 moms liked this

That's not a girl thing.  That's a brat thing

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 29, 2017 at 7:45 AM
I was referring more to the hair and clothes stuff...and the overemotional dramatic stuff. That seems to be more a girl thing. Though I'm sure it's also a personality thing.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 7:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh ok. So no one has to adjust or make any accommodations for her. But she should do everything different than what she is used to because she has no choice but to be there?

Quoting Anonymous 1: My boys shouldn't have to give up showering before school because she is here. If someone needs to adjust their routine, its her. She isn't the queen of the world. She can take a quicker shower than she is used to, shower at night or get up earlier. There are options. No, she doesn't have to be a morning person but she doesn't have to be rude and bitchy either.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Well she doesn't want to be there that long and it sounds like you don't want her there either. This is the life you CHOSE. Deal with it. Tell your sons to take their showers at night on days she is there. Some people aren't morning people and can't deal with people talking to them or being up when they are up. So come up with ways to eliminate some of the interactions between your boys and her in the mornings.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 7:46 AM
2 moms liked this
Welcome to having a teenage girl in the house. Lol. It'd be the same if she were yours or not, the fact that it gets under your skin more is because she isn't.

Quoting Anonymous 1: My boys shouldn't have to give up showering before school because she is here. If someone needs to adjust their routine, its her. She isn't the queen of the world. She can take a quicker shower than she is used to, shower at night or get up earlier. There are options. No, she doesn't have to be a morning person but she doesn't have to be rude and bitchy either.

carterscutie85
by Queen Bee on Sep. 29, 2017 at 7:47 AM
Meltdowns sound normal.

I agree someone's routine should change. It's only for a week. She can maybe shower at night so she doesn't need the bathroom in the mornings for so long.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 7:47 AM

Quoting Anonymous 1: I was referring more to the hair and clothes stuff...and the overemotional dramatic stuff. That seems to be more a girl thing. Though I'm sure it's also a personality thing.
Quoting Anonymous 3:

Just wait until your sons get into dating, you are in for a rude awakening. 

mommytoeandb
by Ruby Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 7:47 AM
Amen!

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)