Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We are not going to change our vacation plans just because we will be there during Thanksgiving

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

DH and I made plans to go on vacation in the US. We are going to see his mom and some other friends and family. When SIL found out the dates she was not happy. She said her and her husband would be out of town most of the time for Thanksgiving

DH told her that sucks but he is sure we will still see them. She actually said that she thinks it is "fucked up" that we would plan a trip during a holiday

We had no clue that it was even a holiday when we planned the trip. It also falls during a school break for us so that is what works out. 

Now she is saying that we did this to intentionally avoid seeing her. At this point I honestly wouldnt mind not seeing her at all tbh. 

It isnt like we planned the trip around her or that we are asking her to change anything. She is just being annoying about it. 

Ugh

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 29, 2017 at 9:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 9:44 AM

I'm an ass but I would tell her that's exactly what we did. We plan our lives around our spite for you, lol. 

TrashCanCrouch
by on Sep. 29, 2017 at 9:48 AM
In real life I have never met anyone who thought that they had a say over another's choices. Who cares what she says or thinks you go ahead and do what you want... she can go kick rocks! Lol
krisnkids
by Gold Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 9:51 AM

Oh gosh, perish the thought. Plan a trip over a holiday. WHAT WERE YOU THINKING? Maybe that the kids don't need to miss more school than necessary. You won't have to use vacation days off of work. Other family members may come home for the holiday. Gosh, don't you know that you are supposed to clear all travel plans with your monster-in-law?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 9:52 AM

Australia, right?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 29, 2017 at 9:53 AM

No 

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Australia, right?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 10:38 AM

She can change her plans for the holidays and spend time with her family if she wants to.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 10:40 AM
Didn't I just read this not too long ago?
mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Sep. 29, 2017 at 10:45 AM
Uhm, I would point out that she planned a trip over a holiday. So that makes her a hypocrite.
AbbyWalsh
by Gold Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 10:52 AM

Thanksgiving IS a pretty big holiday for most Americans. Since his family is in the US, is he American?  I get that he might not remember when Thanksgiving is, but he sure knows *what* it is.  Will you be with his family for dinner that Thursday?  I hope you'll get to experience American Thanksgiving, especially if your husband is American.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 11:00 AM

How come your dh didn't know about Thanksgiving if his whole family is in the US? Looks like he grew up there... and I don't know a single American (I'm not American either) who is worth their salt who doesn't know when Thanksgiving is. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)