Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you work it out?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
My husband is 19 and I am 21. I have a 4 year old daughter who I had very young. We also have a 10 month old together. He is amazing to our 10 month old. Our biggest problem is his anger and his immaturity. He can't find a way to connect with my daughter. He is mean to her sometimes and believes she is spoiled by my ex. He is fatherly to her sometimes but not enough. He has called both of our children names once in the entire two years I've been with him in anger, he apologized profusely.

I left him because I feel my kids deserve better. I still interact with him a lot because I come to the apartment while my daughter is at school. He has been very sorry and promises to work on it, agreed to counseling, and is doing things for he that he wouldn't normally do. I guess Im second guessing leaving because he's still very young and immature, and I wonder if he really can work on it. But I also wonder if this is just an act to get me back. What would you all do?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 29, 2017 at 10:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 29, 2017 at 10:19 AM
Bump
SPNpudding
by Platinum Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 10:21 AM
I'm 22 and I'm married. I absolutely would not tolerate my DH being an asshole to my girls. He's tough on them sometimes, but not MEAN and certainly not any tougher than he his on his son.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 10:22 AM

Wow, you guys are so young. It is an act. I was with someone like that at that age but it was easy to leave because we weren't married and had no kids. As long as you can make it on your own financially, I'd leave. 

JustKeepsmoving
by 5 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 10:23 AM
2 moms liked this
He acts immature because he is. He is a 19 year old boy. He should enlist in the military if he is medically able.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 10:24 AM
Babies having babies. Smfh!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 10:25 AM
You are married to a child. Do this on your own. You have a very rough road ahead with your dh.
beco8627
by Platinum Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 10:26 AM
He's 19...lol. You can't expect much from a 19 year old boy.
SPNpudding
by Platinum Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this
OP, these are the the majority of responses you'll get. You might as well hang this up. Hardly anyone is going to offer you actual advice. It's like you can't be a good mom on here unless you have wrinkes and hate your husband. Lmao.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Babies having babies. Smfh!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 10:28 AM
Seriously I can not believe a 19 year old is not ready to be a daddy to a 4 year old.. lol he was 15 years old when she was born.. hello!

Find yourself a man not a child! And stop reproducing with every guy you are with! Educate yourself and set a good example.. not baby daddy drama!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 10:30 AM

I will offer some good advice me and dh married at 21 and 20 and were still together 25 years later. He was immature but we got counseling and i also set ground rules for the discipline in the household so nobody felt like they were being too severely punished. Talk to him make sure he understands one mess up and the deal is off.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)