Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He has a right to be upset

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
We just moved. My dh had a job interview this morning in his field. Instead of the field he applied for they offered him a job in another field. A lower field and lower pay, As an unskilled labor. My dh is going to accept it because he needs a job but he was upset and a little offended. He has 20 yrs experience and 2 certs in his field. He worked hard to get where he is and paid a lot of money for his certs. He has more experience and certs that 90% of the people in this area has . My mom doesn't understand why he is upset. I told her, he worked 20 yrs worked his way up from the bottom and studied and paid for his certs. Of course he is upset and offended. It doesn't mean he won't take it for now. He is just offended. I think they are giving him that to pay him less. It pays less than half of what he used to make.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 29, 2017 at 10:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
littlesippycup
by Baby T-rex Arms on Sep. 29, 2017 at 10:21 AM
Poor guy.
LilysMama719
by Emmy on Sep. 29, 2017 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this
They probably just want to see what kind of an employee he is and will promote him later.
Element5
by Platinum Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 10:24 AM
If you guys moved can he get a job in his field?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 29, 2017 at 10:26 AM
That is what I was thinking. To see what he can do.

Quoting LilysMama719: They probably just want to see what kind of an employee he is and will promote him later.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 29, 2017 at 10:26 AM
This company was in his field.

Quoting Element5: If you guys moved can he get a job in his field?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 10:28 AM

He does have a right to be upset. They don't know him and he will need to work his way up from the bottom in a new company. All companies want to pay their employees the minimum amount of money that they can.

Element5
by Platinum Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this
So why is thebpay so little?

Anywhere else he can look.. shame on them to lowball him like that! Can he negotiate?

Quoting Anonymous 1: This company was in his field.

Quoting Element5: If you guys moved can he get a job in his field?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 10:30 AM

He does. He needs to find a union job. Skilled tradesmen get fucked without a union. At least here they do. 

Ms_Smock
by Gold Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 10:31 AM
Why did he move for a job he didn't have secure yet?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 10:32 AM
They probably filled the position he applied for and wanted to offer him something because they want him and thats what they had. They could offer him something in his field later.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)