Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need a new lovey!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

I need to get a new lovey, this one is falling apart, but can't find it anywhere online. Has anyone seen it recently? Or have any ideas. I think it was originally bought at Costco, but I'm not really sure. Any help would be appreciated!
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 29, 2017 at 10:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 10:31 AM

A new one won't be the same.  That can be fixed - find someone who knows how to sew.

V35
by Veronica. on Sep. 29, 2017 at 10:33 AM
I agree. If I ever tried to replace what DS2 calls pup pup he'd be furious with me and I would deserve it.

Quoting Not_A_Native:

A new one won't be the same.  That can be fixed - find someone who knows how to sew.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 10:34 AM
What's wrong with it?
Hanab818
by ThePonds on Sep. 29, 2017 at 10:36 AM
This. My 5 and 7 year old have lovies given to them by my mom and mil who are now both gone. If I ever tried to replace them they would freak out.

Quoting V35: I agree. If I ever tried to replace what DS2 calls pup pup he'd be furious with me and I would deserve it.

Quoting Not_A_Native:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 10:38 AM

wash it mend it

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 10:39 AM
EBAY to the rescue!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 11:02 AM

Just let your child keep using the lovey that is falling apart.  We actually had 7 different lovey's that we rotated through becuase I didn't want her attached to just one.  Unfortunately when we moved when she was 2, she became super attached to the one that she took in the car with her when we drove to our new place.  It was about a year before we were able to get her to give up the lovey and switch it out for anything else.  She is now 9 and has had "Kitty" for 6 years now.  Kitty used to be white and is now a lovely shade of "I have been loved so much gray".

fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 11:05 AM

Warning they most likely will not take to another one.  It has their scent and feel to it, another will never be exactly the same.  Tried this with my oldest and he handed it back to me and said I want my Purkle guy.  It was the identical one but he knew it wasn't his original.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)