Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No mil my 4 and 6 year old are NOT staying home alone!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
I have 3 dd ages 8, 6 and 4 years old. I told mil I have to take my oldest to a early doctors appointment because if I took a afternoon appointment I would have to take all 3 out of school early.

And mil said why would you need to take all 3 out early. Just let the 2 youngest ride the bus home and they can go inside and do whatever. How much trouble can they really get in.

I looked at her like she grew a freaking second head. I said how about hell no! I am NOT leaving a 6 year old and 4 year old home alone! Are you completely nuts!
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 29, 2017 at 11:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't leave them alone with her after that comment just to be safe. 

Gwyndolyn
by Ruby Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 11:24 AM

I agree with you, mama!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 11:27 AM

I agree with you.  How does a 4yr old take a bus home anyways?  Aren't they only in Preschool?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 29, 2017 at 11:29 AM
My 4 year old is in preschool for 3 hours a day. I take her to school at noon and then she will ride the bus home with her 2 older sisters and a bus driver I trust.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

I agree with you.  How does a 4yr old take a bus home anyways?  Aren't they only in Preschool?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 11:32 AM

It's not legal to leave a six and a four year old at home for an undetermined amount of time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 29, 2017 at 11:33 AM
Try telling that to my mil. No wY in he'll am I leaving my kids home alone.

Quoting Anonymous 4:

It's not legal to leave a six and a four year old at home for an undetermined amount of time.

redbottoms
by Platinum Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 11:34 AM
why are you even talking to MIL and telling her your business? You don't have to talk to her at all. She is DH's mother. Let him deal with her
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 11:34 AM

That is crazy to me.  Preschoolers are not allowed to ride the buses here.  Our Kindergarten runs like that as they only go 2 1/2 hrs a day.  

Quoting Anonymous 1: My 4 year old is in preschool for 3 hours a day. I take her to school at noon and then she will ride the bus home with her 2 older sisters and a bus driver I trust.
Quoting Anonymous 3:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 11:35 AM
Not excusing it,but just an FYI, not every state has laws determining that.
Quoting Anonymous 4:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 11:35 AM
Sounds like something my old neighbor used to do.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)