Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My co-worker smells bad

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
1 mom liked this

I am not sure if I should mention it to the boss or not.

She will not be at my location much longer. She only came to mine to train and in about 3 weeks will be going to the new store they just built. My boss is going with her.

She is older, probably in her 60's. She smells like she does shower, but she maybe isn't cleaning quite well enough.

She also wears a massive amount of perfume and that's a problem in itself.

There is no rule about perfume wearing that I am aware of, but I don't wear massive amounts so idk. I would have to look at the handbook again. I don't think it's generally a problem except for with this new person.

WWYD? Suck it up cause she is leaving? Say something to the boss?

My favorite manager is pregnant and has said it bothers her, and I imagine it's worse for her being pregnant and being able to smell everything. It was to the point where she wanted to puke and had to hold onto me to stop herself, as bad as that sounds. She said I smell wonderful lol so she held onto me and smelled me to stop from puking.

It's not like you just smell her from across a room, but I have to be right next to her sometimes helping her and I smell it then. I don't know if customers have complained.

My assistant manager said it's up to the store manager to say something. I will see him today but not sure if/how I should bring it up. I have never had a smelly co-worker before.

My store manager said he regrets hiring her, because she is very slow and doesn't catch on quickly, so idk if he will let her go with this info or not. She's still in her probation period.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 29, 2017 at 11:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 11:34 AM
If it's enough to bother others and it's really that strong, it's time for someone to say something. Sounds like it's only a matter of time before someone does anyway.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 11:38 AM
She's leaving who the hell cares
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 11:39 AM

I'd mention it to the boss. Even though she's leaving she represents the company as a whole. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 11:41 AM

The manager who is pregnant and you both need to go and tell the boss that she smells. The boss can then bring it up nicely to her as well as bringing up that she needs to decrease her perfume usage.

Reading.Rainbow
by Mad Martigan on Sep. 29, 2017 at 11:42 AM

Stop stealing troll posts...

There should be a rule about how many we allow that are on the same topic over and over and over again...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 29, 2017 at 11:46 AM

Link to the other post?

Mine isn't a troll post. I only post anon because I know people on here are crazy and have been known to contact other people's jobs. I'm actually pretty well known.

Quoting Reading.Rainbow:

Stop stealing troll posts...

There should be a rule about how many we allow that are on the same topic over and over and over again...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)