Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Low carb

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
I work out HARD, and I have been trying a low carb diet. I gave noticed that my staminia is low, and I'm starving and grumpy a lot. Can anyone else relate? I eat plenty of protein by the way, and drink a crap ton of water.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 29, 2017 at 12:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 12:24 PM

If you are working out hard your muscles should have some carbs.  Do you still eat fruits and all vegetables?  How low carb are you?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 29, 2017 at 12:30 PM
I eat veggies with every meal, and low gylcemic fruit occasionally like berries. I avoid sugar, bread, rice, pasta, hot or cold cereals. I used to eat quinoa and pita with flax seeds and steel cut oats, but I cut it out when I decided to try low carb. I think I'm going back to my old diet, but I'm ravenously starving all the time.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

If you are working out hard your muscles should have some carbs.  Do you still eat fruits and all vegetables?  How low carb are you?

jellybeanjean
by All the makeup on Sep. 29, 2017 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this
How long have you been on the low carb diet? I remember getting like that (crabby) in the beginning. It also gets worse when I have PMS. I find eating beans helps. Not low carb exactly, but not awful either, and they'll make u feel happy. As for the hunger thing... I'm always hungry lol so I can't help tou with that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 12:35 PM

I had done super low carb and noticed that I didn't feel wonderful, especially when super active.  I put back in all fruits, including higher gycemic load things like apples and bananas (just have a small serving but I eat all fruits and some each day), and very small servings of grains.  I still lost weight and feel so much better.  Figure out what works for your body.  Quinoa, flax, oats, those have some nice beneficial things to them, maybe you can figure out a way to put them back in small amounts.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I eat veggies with every meal, and low gylcemic fruit occasionally like berries. I avoid sugar, bread, rice, pasta, hot or cold cereals. I used to eat quinoa and pita with flax seeds and steel cut oats, but I cut it out when I decided to try low carb. I think I'm going back to my old diet, but I'm ravenously starving all the time.
Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 29, 2017 at 12:49 PM
How do you deal with being hungry all the time? I hate it!

Quoting jellybeanjean: How long have you been on the low carb diet? I remember getting like that (crabby) in the beginning. It also gets worse when I have PMS. I find eating beans helps. Not low carb exactly, but not awful either, and they'll make u feel happy. As for the hunger thing... I'm always hungry lol so I can't help tou with that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 29, 2017 at 12:50 PM
Thank you!

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I had done super low carb and noticed that I didn't feel wonderful, especially when super active.  I put back in all fruits, including higher gycemic load things like apples and bananas (just have a small serving but I eat all fruits and some each day), and very small servings of grains.  I still lost weight and feel so much better.  Figure out what works for your body.  Quinoa, flax, oats, those have some nice beneficial things to them, maybe you can figure out a way to put them back in small amounts.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I eat veggies with every meal, and low gylcemic fruit occasionally like berries. I avoid sugar, bread, rice, pasta, hot or cold cereals. I used to eat quinoa and pita with flax seeds and steel cut oats, but I cut it out when I decided to try low carb. I think I'm going back to my old diet, but I'm ravenously starving all the time.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

jellybeanjean
by All the makeup on Sep. 29, 2017 at 1:06 PM
I've been like this my whole life. It was ok when I was young I had a very fast metabolism. After 30 yeah it started to catch up. I just keep busy. Always moving. Also I find intermittent fasting helps slow down my appetite. I'm not one of those people that can eat a little bit every hour or whatever. That just makes me more hungry. Fasting on occasion works better for me.

Quoting Anonymous 1: How do you deal with being hungry all the time? I hate it!

Quoting jellybeanjean: How long have you been on the low carb diet? I remember getting like that (crabby) in the beginning. It also gets worse when I have PMS. I find eating beans helps. Not low carb exactly, but not awful either, and they'll make u feel happy. As for the hunger thing... I'm always hungry lol so I can't help tou with that.
ChildOfTheLight
by Platinum Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 1:08 PM
You need more carbs. You will have low energy, lose strength and not make muscle as well with a low carb diet.
Mrs.Opinionated
by BigMouthBabe😘 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 1:09 PM
Your body is just adapting to less food. Once your stomach shrinks you will feel the complete opposite. Hang in there. And be sure to eat several times a day.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 1:12 PM

I've been on a low carb diet for about 5 weeks now, and other than the past few days which I think is just lack of sleep I've seemed to have more stamina and people have noticed I'm in a better mood. If you're working out that hard you NEED carbs so that probably has a lot to do with it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)