Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Uh... I'm keeping my promise DH!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies
WAY back when my almost 17 yo ds was only around 5, about 2 yrs before I met my DH, my ds asked me when he could ever have a ride in a limousine. I told him when he graduated high school. I promised him. And he still remembers! Growing up, he'd ask me every now and then if he will still get a limo ride when he graduates. I say yes, of course!

Ds is graduating this year. I mentioned to DH that I will be booking him a limo. DH got his back up. He says "if we get a limo for him, then we have to get one for all of the kids. That's going to get expensive" I blew that one off. We aren't struggling financially and limos aren't that expensive. Then, he says "Don't you think it will look odd if ds shows up alone in a limo to prom?" (Ds doesn't have a gf). Um, nope! Plus he will probably use it to pick up friends. DH says "So, we are paying for a limo to take a bunch of his friends to prom too?!" I replied "Damn right! It's his limo ride that he's been waiting for since he was 5 fucking years old. That promise is older than our relationship and I will be damned if you expect me to break it." He dropped it after that.

Why the fuck does he have a problem with this?! What's the big deal?! I don't get it.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 29, 2017 at 1:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 1:57 PM
The big deal is that it's weird.

You made him understand. It's over now. Move on.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 29, 2017 at 1:58 PM
How's it weird to show up at prom in a limo?

Quoting Anonymous 2: The big deal is that it's weird.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 2:06 PM
It's not weird at prom. It's weird at graduation. Your post says nothing about prom.

Quoting Anonymous 1: How's it weird to show up at prom in a limo?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 29, 2017 at 2:08 PM
I'm in Canada. No one calls it prom. It's called grad.

Quoting Anonymous 2: It's not weird at prom. It's weird at graduation. Your post says nothing about prom.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 2:09 PM
Yeah. I'd do the limo at prom. Graduation is for families. They also have to show up way early and hang around before hand.

Quoting Anonymous 2: It's not weird at prom. It's weird at graduation. Your post says nothing about prom.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 2:09 PM
Why does he jump straight to having to do it for all the kids? Is he one of those annoying tit-for-tat Even Stevens?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 29, 2017 at 2:11 PM
I just edited it to make more sense to the masses lol thanks :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 29, 2017 at 2:12 PM
Yes. Mostly. Annoys the shit out of me. But I seriously have zero issues with paying for limos for all kids who graduate with decent grades.

Quoting Anonymous 4: Why does he jump straight to having to do it for all the kids? Is he one of those annoying tit-for-tat Even Stevens?
shell3m
by Shell on Sep. 29, 2017 at 2:12 PM
I hate that....if one does it they all need to...thinking.

Go and do it. You promised and you can afford it. 10 years from now your husband won't even care but your son will remember.
spunky946
by Ruby Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 2:14 PM
That’s great. I hope he enjoys it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)