Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don’t care if you think I’m a cheapskate

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
Health insurance is expensive. We pay over close to 1200 a month for just my husband and I and I have a huge deductible and out of pocket max.

So I’ve now officially met my $7150 out of pocket max. That means I don’t pay anything for doctors visits, medicine, nothing that’s covered by my insurance.

Remember out of pocket max is different than the deductible. Out of pocket is the MAX I have to pay before insurance pays 100%

So I need needles for a medication my doctor wants me on so I walked up to the counter to speak with the lady and explain that there are charges pending for my insurance and they will ‘clear’ by next week and then the needles will be free to me. I asked if I could just drop off the script and come back for it in a week or so since I already have some needles and don’t need these immediately. I then explain the reason I want to wait to pick up the needles.

She seemed to understand me.

So I left and she called me about 20 minutes later and tells me my total is 6.43, I explained again that I was going to wait because by next week everything should clear and then I won’t have to pay anything for the meds. She tells me well it’s only 6.43. So I told her that yes I’m aware I am being a cheapskate but that’s my right. I’ve had to cough up about 21,000 between copays and premiums and deductibles so it may only be 6.43 to you but to me it’s a lot more. I’m not going to pay more than I have to.

She gets a bit exasperated and says well we aren’t going to hold these! You’ll have to call us back when you decide you want to pick them up and we will run your insurance and pull them then.

I said thank you, that’s what I asked from the very beginning.

Ugh, had I known it would’ve been any trouble at all I would’ve just held onto the script until next week. I just happened to be close to the pharmacy and figured I could drop it off. Won’t be doing that again.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 29, 2017 at 2:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 2:16 PM

There was no need to explain at the pharmacy. Drop the prescriptions off and then come back when the charges are clear and the medication is free.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 29, 2017 at 2:18 PM
I should have, I figured I was helping them by not making them do the work today when I had no intention of picking it up.

In the future I’ll just do that. Drop it off and just wait.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

There was no need to explain at the pharmacy. Drop the prescriptions off and then come back when the charges are clear and the medication is free.

Sans-Equanimity
by Closet Optimist on Sep. 29, 2017 at 2:21 PM
Yeah, I'd find a new pharmacy. Ours knows us by name, and would never be disrespectful like that.
happinessforyou
by Platinum Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 2:24 PM

You've already paid out $7150?? And now you are worried about $6?? And .43 cents???  If I need the meds... I would have just paid it. So if you can wait a week to get your meds... it saves you the money...

SPNpudding
by Platinum Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 2:24 PM
Not sure where you went but we don't hold scripts either. Now you'll have to go back and wait for them to re-bill it. 🙄

Quoting Anonymous 1: I should have, I figured I was helping them by not making them do the work today when I had no intention of picking it up.

In the future I’ll just do that. Drop it off and just wait.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 29, 2017 at 2:27 PM
I tried Walgreens and they don’t carry needles which is weird and why I tried this pharmacy. I won’t be any longer.

Quoting Sans-Equanimity: Yeah, I'd find a new pharmacy. Ours knows us by name, and would never be disrespectful like that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 29, 2017 at 2:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I said I didn’t need the needles....

Quoting happinessforyou:

You've already paid out $7150?? And now you are worried about $6?? And .43 cents???  If I need the meds... I would have just paid it. So if you can wait a week to get your meds... it saves you the money...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 2:30 PM
TBH, cheapskates make me cringe. Like, I think they are pretty damn low. It's just such an unattractive quality.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 29, 2017 at 2:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Well if I hadn’t had to pay so much for insurance I wouldn’t care but when you feel you pay top dollar for crappy insurance you’ll care about a few bucks

Quoting Anonymous 3: TBH, cheapskates make me cringe. Like, I think they are pretty damn low. It's just such an unattractive quality.
diaperstodating
by on Sep. 29, 2017 at 2:36 PM

Quoting Sans-Equanimity: Yeah, I'd find a new pharmacy. Ours knows us by name, and would never be disrespectful like that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)