Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BM thinks I need her permission to do things with the kids.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

I dont. DH has 100% legal and physical custody. BM has the kids for a week at Christmas and a few weeks over the summer. Sometimes she comes and sees the kids at our house on weekends but that is pretty rare. 

Well we ran into her in town. She talked to the kids for a little bit and then I told them we had to go because SS had a practice. BM asked what we were doing after and SD told her we were going to a trampoline park. 

She got upset saying that those things are not safe and I didnt even ask her if it was okay. I told her I didnt feel the need to ask and said goodbye and we left

Now she is calling DH over and over to bitch about it. Saying that I shouldnt be doing stuff withotu running it by her first. 

DH told her to chill. That I am the one who does most of the stuff with the kids on the weekdays. That we have things under control and her concern is unneeded

Now she is just sending me rude messages. If she wanted to have a more active role in their lives she should get her shit together and get more custody. She doesnt want to though... she just wants to bitch and moan and try to control me. 

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 29, 2017 at 2:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RachelBy
by Gold Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 7:35 PM
Oh god she sounds awful!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 7:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Why are you even hearing about this? Disengage, already. It's like the most overused advice, but clearly needed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 7:37 PM
Don't you just love wannabes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 7:39 PM
My ex is like this he has no physical custody and only visitations. He called CAS on us because he thought that since he can't be alone with his kids that my Df couldn't be either.
CAS told him straight out that he's an idiot thinking he had any say on what Df does with the kids. They told him that they live in his house and he's is more responsible for them then he is. They also told him that he could discipline them any way he chooses to that included spanking ( we don't dpank tho)... sometimes they just don't get it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 7:39 PM

You're a replacement so he doesn't have to parent his own children.  It's weird you're proud of that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 29, 2017 at 7:42 PM

If she wants to bitch at you she will find a way even if it is using extreme measures 

Quoting Anonymous 2: Why are you even hearing about this? Disengage, already. It's like the most overused advice, but clearly needed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 29, 2017 at 7:43 PM

Lol no, just no

Quoting Anonymous 5:

You're a replacement so he doesn't have to parent his own children.  It's weird you're proud of that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 7:43 PM

Not true.  BM tries with me.  DH just doesn't tell me what she texts him anymore, and she doesn't have my number.  If she ever approached me, I'd walk away.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

If she wants to bitch at you she will find a way even if it is using extreme measures 

Quoting Anonymous 2: Why are you even hearing about this? Disengage, already. It's like the most overused advice, but clearly needed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 7:46 PM
I know right!!!
BM wants to play mommy when clearly she isn't

Quoting Anonymous 3: Don't you just love wannabes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 29, 2017 at 7:48 PM

BM will call me at work or just show up. She also found out my work phone number somehow and texts/calls me on there. I cant change that number. She even makes fake numbers to just to call or text me. I block everyone but she will just make another. 

I do walk away from her. I dont make the kids walk away though. I try not to talk to her directly but sometimes I just want to be direct and to the point with her so there is no confusion 

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Not true.  BM tries with me.  DH just doesn't tell me what she texts him anymore, and she doesn't have my number.  If she ever approached me, I'd walk away.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)