Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you have a good delivery room doctor?

Posted by on Sep. 29, 2017 at 3:29 PM
  • 17 Replies

How was the doctor that delievered your baby...?

Good, bad, so-so?

by on Sep. 29, 2017 at 3:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
woodswalker
by Gold Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 3:32 PM
my doctor didn't come in til the last few minutes. It's the nurse who does everything up til then. It's a good nurse you want
mewebb82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 3:33 PM
My first was awful, 2nd was ok, and 3rd was amazing. I guess I got better at knowing what I wanted from my doctor. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 3:35 PM
My delivery doctor is my regualar ob. My nurses were all amazing
Same for all 3 kids
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 3:35 PM
The best for me! It was my mother all 3 times! She, of course, had backup in case anything went wrong. I couldn't have felt like I was in better hands!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 3:35 PM

Great! Mine checked on me throughout the day. We actually have a great OB practice, so I probably would have been happy with any of them.

PrettyWings29
by Caribbean Queen on Sep. 29, 2017 at 3:39 PM

I had my ob in the delivery room both times. The nurse called her once I started feeling the urge to push and they wouldn't let me push until she got there. 

OliRye1234
by Ruby Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 3:39 PM
The doctor missed the birth of my youngest by a few minutes lol The nurses were in shock because I went from 8cm to fully dilated and pushing in less than 15 minutes. The doctor for my first was awesome.
mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Sep. 29, 2017 at 3:41 PM

I had 2 c-sections....for one I was knocked out completely due to my dd being stillborn and my body was shutting down. I lived so I call that one good. With  the 2nd, I had a spinal. My child was alive and so was I  so I call it good. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 3:52 PM
The doctor I had with my first wasn't bad. He didn't come in much but he did allow me extra time to push instead of rushing me for a csection since he knew that was not something I wanted. I really appreciated that. I think my nurse played a huge role in talking to the doctor though. He was very patient friendly and was a real advocate for me.

The doctor I had with my middle and youngest is the same doctor. With my first he was ok, again not in much either, but he ended up having to leave and I one of his colleagues took over and did the actual delivery. With my youngest he did the delivery and it all went well. He is my regular gyno/ob, I like him. He did well with my miscarriage and d&c too. He will be delivering the baby I'm pregnant with too as long as nothing unexpected happens.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 4:16 PM

I had super quick easy labors. With dd my OB got there 20 mins after I had her. I don't even know who was there to catch. DS was even quicker. He was born 4 mins after I got to the hospital, before I was even admitted by the triage nurses that were bringing me up to my room.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)