Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yeast infection after taking diflucan?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
I had a yeast infection so my doctor gave me diflucan and told me to take another dose 3 days later.

I did.

But I still had irritation, everything was raw and hurt. I chalked it up to being just a bad yeast infection but it didn’t go away so I finally gave up and I’m day 4 of a 7 day course of vaginal cream.

The irritation is gone.

So what the hell? Diflucan has always worked for me, why didn’t it work this time? Total fluke or will it not work in the future?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 29, 2017 at 4:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 4:34 PM

I dunno.  I've always treated my yeast infections with monistat and betadine douches.  I clear them up in 3 days.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 4:36 PM

if you take diflucan a lot your body can become somewhat immune to it just like any other med.

i personally think there are much better ays to clear them up than using a RX med. 

BCauseImAwesome
by Platinum Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 4:37 PM

Sometimes they can be super stubborn. Or the diflucan just doesnt work. Are you pregnant? I always just use yogurt or probiotics unless its super bad.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 29, 2017 at 4:41 PM
I’ve take diflucan 3 times. Once last year and maybe once the year before and then this time.

I don’t like the messy creams and the one day treatment has in the past burned the crap out of me

Quoting Anonymous 2:

if you take diflucan a lot your body can become somewhat immune to it just like any other med.

i personally think there are much better ays to clear them up than using a RX med. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 29, 2017 at 4:42 PM
No, not pregnant.

I am taking a probiotic but just not regularly. It has to be in the fridge so I forgot more times than I end up taking it.

Quoting BCauseImAwesome:

Sometimes they can be super stubborn. Or the diflucan just doesnt work. Are you pregnant? I always just use yogurt or probiotics unless its super bad.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 4:43 PM

Wow, you get a lot of yeast infections.  Have you tried looking into the cause of why you're getting so many?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 29, 2017 at 4:48 PM
3 in 3 years isn’t a lot...

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Wow, you get a lot of yeast infections.  Have you tried looking into the cause of why you're getting so many?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 4:49 PM

I have had 3 in 45 yrs.  Seems like a lot to me. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: 3 in 3 years isn’t a lot...
Quoting Anonymous 3:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 29, 2017 at 4:50 PM
Lol. It’s not.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

I have had 3 in 45 yrs.  Seems like a lot to me. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: 3 in 3 years isn’t a lot...

Quoting Anonymous 3:

PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 4:51 PM

Me too. Monostat used to sell these flat tablets.  I liked those.  They didn't burn at all.  The last time I had a yeast infection (it was years ago) I used the wax suppositories. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: I’ve take diflucan 3 times. Once last year and maybe once the year before and then this time. I don’t like the messy creams and the one day treatment has in the past burned the crap out of me
Quoting Anonymous 2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)