Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who's a bigger sports fan than their spouse?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
I've always been a huge football fan. College and pros. Honestly I like high school too!

When my husband and I first started dating, he watched sports just because, but was never into a a specific team or understood most of the rules.

In the last 10 year's he's learned a lot about the game and finds it more enjoyable. But im still the big fan where I really want to sit for hours and watch it and holler at the TV.

Now it's the season and I'm wanting to at least watch my teams, he seems annoyed. But I tell him I support all his stuff that I'm not into and that he spends most of one of his 2 days off with friends.

Do sports or any other non-shared interest divide you??

If so how do you make or work?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 29, 2017 at 5:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 29, 2017 at 5:16 PM
No one?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 5:20 PM
Who is a bigger sports fan? That depends on the answer to this question. Is yo-yo a sport?
mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Sep. 29, 2017 at 5:36 PM

We've joked for years that Dh married a dude because I watch more sports than he does..and I watch NFL network, ESPN, etc year round. LOL 

He watches games- NCAA, NFL, NBA, and when we get really lucky- Rugby and Australian rules football. Neither of us like baseball or NASCAR so there's a bullet dodged on that one. 

A lot of times I will be watching a game and he will go upstairs and play video games online with a friend of his..If it is our favorite teams he will watch all the way through though. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

SPNpudding
by Platinum Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 6:08 PM
DH has zero interest in any sport. I enjoy watching Clemson play, but I only watch the games if we're somewhere playing them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 6:12 PM

I'm into sports, not hardcore, but try to keep track of my teams and watch them when I can. It doesn't divide us, but DH has no interest at all.

bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Sep. 29, 2017 at 6:12 PM
Neither of us watches sports.
Kimbee73
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 6:18 PM

I am most definitely a bigger sports fan than my husband. I love baseball and football. I even planned our honeymoon around The baseball hall of fame induction ceremony and we went to a Toronto Blue Jays game while in Canada also.(we spent some time at Niagra falls too)

We've planned vacations around baseball games. I have a goal to go to all the stadiums. I have 9 to go. 

i play fantasy football so I watch all the games to see how my team is doing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 6:18 PM

I'm the bigger football fan in my house.  I might as well be a man with how obsessively I watch college & pro football.  My dh is a football widower.  lol  It doesn't divide us and he does watch football, he's just not as into as I get.  

spunky946
by Emerald Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 6:21 PM

We both like sports, but he watches random sports more, which is fine by me, gives me time to catch up on my shows.

.MiaBella.
by Mia on Sep. 29, 2017 at 6:22 PM

Neither of us care for sports. We've always shared the same interests.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)