Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SMs and Disengaging

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1 Replies

Disclaimer:  Yes, this advice could be applied to anyone, but it's absurdly overdone in any SM group

So I'm genuinely confused on this one.  Like literally every post with a SM includes the advice, Disengage.  And I keep thinking, do we really need to hear that AGAIN.  But apparently, we do, because every week, some SM posts about a conflict that would be avoided if they just DISENGAGED.  

If you're the only mom figure a kid has, props to you.  But why do so many women insist on trying to be the mom, when it only causes them stress and heartache?  Why do so many women insist on engaging with their spouse's ex?  I get that the BM is the one instigating.  She tries with me, too, and I just ignore her.  Not hard.  Don't get BM your number.  It's NEVER necessary.  If they want to talk, they can talk to their ex/your spouse/your SO.

Why do we women insist on creating problems for ourselves?  is motherhood not difficult enough?

Cause I can't help thinking dads don't do this shit.  And maybe that's why they don't need forums.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 29, 2017 at 7:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Ms_Smock
by Gold Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 7:52 PM
Well BM tries to say I do that but I didn't do that until I got custody of the kids,

I think a lot of am get caught up trying to be the boss of their house and that doesn't work when the step kids have a active mother in their life.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)