Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Aaaannnddd I pissed off DH. Oops. UPDATE

Posted by on Sep. 29, 2017 at 9:40 PM
  • 144 Replies
****He and the older kids spent the night over there. He came home this morning in time to drop the kids off and get ready for work and then be off. I was still in bed. He never said a word. Just got ready and left. So for now, I'm still in the proverbial dog house.

P.S. The baby slept great 😉***

Doesn't happen often. But when it does it sucks. He's such an extrovert. He loves Friday nights because we always have dinner at another couple's house. Well, our 9 month old is getting to the point where she is active and likes to move around. Having her in a vibrating seat the whole time just doesn't cut it anymore. We can't let her play in the floor because they have two massive dogs that will trample her. There's just nowhere to put her, especially after she falls asleep.
So tonight I was supposed to meet him and our other kids over there. Well, the baby was screaming bloody murder in the car. I stopped by our house to change and I laid her in her co sleeper and gave her a bottle to calm her down. Well she fell sound asleep. I sent him a pic and told him that after the fit she had in the car I just can't see myself waking her up and taking her over there.
He said it seems like I planned it this way because I don't want to go over there now that she has to be held the whole time. He's right that I don't enjoy going over there with her not having a safe place to play. Wrong about me planning this.
I hate to miss out on seeing our friends. But it's just not fun when the baby's fussing the whole time because she needs space to play. So I have the house to myself while she sleeps and I can read and go to sleep.
by on Sep. 29, 2017 at 9:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 9:41 PM
2 moms liked this
Why can't your friends come to your house?
luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 9:42 PM
5 moms liked this
He’s being an ass, it’s not like you told him to come home (or did you?), he can be a big boy and do it alone.
CrazyMommy87
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 9:44 PM
6 moms liked this
Can you bring over a pack n play so she can have some space to play? My friends always did that or they used mine from when my kids were younger.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 9:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Have fun with the spoiled brat you're raising.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 9:44 PM
2 moms liked this
Agreed to the first two.

Maybe you guys can switch off every weekend- this Friday is at their house, next Friday it's at yours (so you can see them but know baby is safe), the following Friday is at their house.
HaloSue
by Platinum Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 9:48 PM
Invest in a playpen or travel swing. That way you can go and enjoy yourself.
Can your friends put their dogs in the bedroom or a kennel?
Glitch202
by Gold Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 9:48 PM
6 moms liked this

Having the baby asleep and taking a long hot bath and reading a book sounds like heaven to me!  Have you thought about taking a pack and play or is she too big for that sort of thing now?  If he wants to go so damn bad, why doesn't he hold her?  Yeah I know, that's a Mommy job!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 9:49 PM
3 moms liked this
Things change when you have babies. He should understand that if you have other kids.
Let him be mad.
Rhodin
by Ruby Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 9:49 PM
Pack and play.
Baby gates.
High chair at dinner time.
Let the dogs out for a couple hours.
All the adults take turns holding the baby.
PJMM
by Ruby Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 9:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol okay the baby isn't a year old. How exactly is she spoiled? Op i agree. I'd ask my friends to put up the dogs or get her a pack and play.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Have fun with the spoiled brat you're raising.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)