Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

where is my break??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
Mom just had another surgery..
Oct 2014 her para thryoid wad removed. That was a 2 day hospital stay.
6mo later she fell and broke her arm. That was 3 weeks off work for me.
Then she had to have her galbladder removed and another shoulder and hand surgery. I was there for all this. None of my 3 brothers offered to help or give me a break. I also have a family of my own. My baby brother has a job but his gf dosnt. They are hs sweethearts so she has known my family for years. Now moms other shoulder just had shoulder surgery on the other shoulder(not the broke one) i was there the day of surgery(taking a cut of my hrs at work) and the day after. The gf came over wed and by wed nite my bro was asking when my next day off was. So he expects me to take care of our mom and work bc his lazy ass gf needs a break.

When was my break thru all the other surgeries? I have plans too with my kids. They have no kids.

Just a vent...
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 29, 2017 at 11:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 11:03 PM
You choose to go over there, stop complaining about your choices.
nmkj
by on Sep. 29, 2017 at 11:03 PM
They're not going to help. I wouldn't sacrifice my family life to help anyone. Hire a nurse.
spunky946
by Emerald Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 11:04 PM
I’m sorry. I would hire some help.
Geeez17
by Emerald Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 11:06 PM
Sounds like you need to hire someone at this point.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 11:07 PM
My mom is also a lot of work. I have 3 siblings. The vast majority of things fall on me because I'm a sahm but I finally broke last year. My toddler was spending the better part of the week in his car seat or a stroller taking her to appointments. It wasn't fair and I was done.

Thankfully my siblings stepped right up when I finally had enough. During summer when my kids are on break I tap out and my sister takes the lion's share as she's a teacher with no kids so she has the summer off.

Be honest and all for help
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 11:10 PM
My mom watches my grandma (her mil) when she had her kidney removed (she had a spot that turned out to be cancerous) then had to have another surgery.
Is there a way for her to stay at your house while she recovers that way you don’t have to take off so much time.
Olioxenfree
by Platinum Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 11:17 PM

Discuss this with your brothers.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 11:24 PM

Nope. This is not his gf role. If you are angry at anyone it's you and your lack of communication with your siblings and standing up for yourself or just saying no. Why do women always blame other women?!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 29, 2017 at 11:31 PM
I have discussed this with them and it falls on deaf ears. They are all too busy. His gf wants to be treated as a member of the family this is what it is. If ur mil needed care would u tell her sorry not my problem?? Her and my bro have been together for 8 yrs or so.
Im not blaming her just wondering why she needs a break when she dosnt work.

Quoting Anonymous 5:

Nope. This is not his gf role. If you are angry at anyone it's you and your lack of communication with your siblings and standing up for yourself or just saying no. Why do women always blame other women?!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 11:43 PM
Y'all need to sit down and have a discussion about her care. If it's too much you gotta figure alternative options
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)