Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When did you let your children date?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
Just found out my barely 12 year old SS is dating through Facebook. I think personally it's too young. I also have a 12 year old and he isn't into girls yet thank God. I told his father and he didn't seem to care. If it was my son I would be making a big deal out of this. It seems my step sons other set of parents let him do whatever he wants though.

What is the age you let your children date? I'm thinking 16. I didn't date until 17.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 29, 2017 at 11:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dinimon
by NoName on Sep. 29, 2017 at 11:11 PM
Never.
Dinimon
by NoName on Sep. 29, 2017 at 11:12 PM
Kidding. I haven't thought about it. They're too young.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 11:14 PM

I told DS age 16, though I'd like him to wait longer. I told him the purpose of dating is to find a spouse, and to wait to want to get married after college/training and living a little. Unfortunately the youth leader at church is telling him something different (i.e. it's okay to get married young.) Ugh.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 11:14 PM
My 15 and 16 yr olds don't date. My oldest now-grown son didn't date till he was 18.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 11:15 PM
16 is the age that we decided on. So far everyone is still single. My boys are 22 and 19.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 29, 2017 at 11:15 PM
I agree. My SS failed school last year. He needs to focus on school. Not GIRLS.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I told DS age 16, though I'd like him to wait longer. I told him the purpose of dating is to find a spouse, and to wait to want to get married after college/training and living a little. Unfortunately the youth leader at church is telling him something different (i.e. it's okay to get married young.) Ugh.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 11:16 PM
They had girlfriends at school only starting at around 7th or 8th grade age, group dating started in the 9th grade and one on one dating wasn't until the 12th grade but parents had to drive them and pick them up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 11:17 PM
16 for solo dates and maybe 14 or 15 with group dates (like with our church youth group).
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Sep. 29, 2017 at 11:17 PM
16 but not seriously. I dont want relationship issues to conflict with my childs own goals
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Sep. 29, 2017 at 11:17 PM
When they graduate from high school....
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)