Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hey, that was cool of them!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies

DH and I planned a date night tonight. we decided to go to dinner and see the new IT movie. we had dinner and got into the movie. About halfway through, I checked my phone and saw a text from my babysitter. She takes my oldest to basketball once a week but this is her first time watching both my kids and only the third time my youngest has ever been with a sitter (not counting my mom). He is 18 months old. She said he had been crying for an hour and nobody could get him calm. Not even his sister could (she is 9 and is basically his favorite person besides me). She said we could finish the movie but I didn't want to just leave him to cry like that for another 1.5 hours. So DH and I decided to go and get him.

The theater we go to is a small family owned theater. They only have 4 screens and they aren't as fancy as the big theater but we like to go there because it's less crowded and the employees are so nice. Well we were headed out and the girl who sold us our tickets stopped us and asked if we were leaving because we didn't like the movie. We told her it was great but we had to go and pick up our baby. She asked us to wait a minute, and went into the back office. Then came back with two "be our guest" passes, so we could come back and see the rest of the movie! I'm glad because I was really into the movie. So next weekend the babysitter will come here instead of trying to watch them at her place, to see if he does better that way, and we will go for the last half of the movie. That was so cool of her!

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 29, 2017 at 11:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 11:31 PM
That was nice. They wouldn’t do that here.
Dinimon
by NoName on Sep. 29, 2017 at 11:32 PM
That is pretty cool.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 29, 2017 at 11:35 PM

I don't think the big one across town would. But the little one is really great like that. They genuinely value their customers. I love going there.

Quoting bleumonster: That was nice. They wouldn’t do that here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)