Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

$330 for 126 gallons of kerosene...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
And it’s not even full! Our tank is 150 gallons, so I guess it’s almost full.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 29, 2017 at 11:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 30, 2017 at 12:01 AM
Still way cheaper than when I had to buy it at the gas station in 5 gallon jugs. We didn't have a tank.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 30, 2017 at 12:03 AM
Our guy said it was because of the hurricanes.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Still way cheaper than when I had to buy it at the gas station in 5 gallon jugs. We didn't have a tank.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 30, 2017 at 12:04 AM
Well the price of gas went up too, so that's not surprising.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Our guy said it was because of the hurricanes.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Still way cheaper than when I had to buy it at the gas station in 5 gallon jugs. We didn't have a tank.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 30, 2017 at 12:06 AM
It gets me through most of the winter, so I’m not too concerned. I keep it at 62 at night because our place gets cold!

Quoting Anonymous 2: Well the price of gas went up too, so that's not surprising.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 30, 2017 at 12:10 AM
I'm not using kerosene this year. But I just redid all my duct work so I'm it doesn't cost me as much for gas this winter. Before to heat my house with gas it was 350 for just a month, and that with the stat set at 60 at night and 64 during the day. Wasn't even warm. And I'm in southeast Virginia, not some su per cold northern state.

I'd say you're doing pretty good with 330 to get you almost through the winter.

Quoting Anonymous 1: It gets me through most of the winter, so I’m not too concerned. I keep it at 62 at night because our place gets cold!

Quoting Anonymous 2: Well the price of gas went up too, so that's not surprising.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 30, 2017 at 12:42 AM
That’s insane! It’s our only source of heat. We have dumbass heaters in the bedrooms, but they really have no purpose..

Quoting Anonymous 2: I'm not using kerosene this year. But I just redid all my duct work so I'm it doesn't cost me as much for gas this winter. Before to heat my house with gas it was 350 for just a month, and that with the stat set at 60 at night and 64 during the day. Wasn't even warm. And I'm in southeast Virginia, not some su per cold northern state.

I'd say you're doing pretty good with 330 to get you almost through the winter.

Quoting Anonymous 1: It gets me through most of the winter, so I’m not too concerned. I keep it at 62 at night because our place gets cold!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)