Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Foreskin retraction for older boys at annual check-ups?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 77 Replies

She was very gentle and this was the first year she checked it (my son is 12), but my sister says she shouldn't be checking at all no matter what. This super quick, super gentle check, is totally fine, right?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 30, 2017 at 6:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cybcm
by Ruby Member on Sep. 30, 2017 at 6:44 PM
2 moms liked this
This is honestly one of the weirdest reoccurring discussions on CM.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 30, 2017 at 6:45 PM
Does your sister have boys? Theyre not likely to say something is wrong and before you know it there will be more to his check up than getting his penis checked.
Lynette
by Silver Member on Sep. 30, 2017 at 6:45 PM
Not something that is needed, nor would I allow it.
Johnsmom5892
by on Sep. 30, 2017 at 6:46 PM
I don't remember a doctor doing that to my son when he was older. As a baby yes but not at 12. The ball cough is acceptable.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 30, 2017 at 6:46 PM

Quoting Johnsmom5892: I don't remember a doctor doing that to my son when he was older. As a baby yes but not at 12. The ball cough is acceptable.

The foreskin should not be retracted on baby boys.

CHERYL578
by Member on Sep. 30, 2017 at 6:50 PM

During a full phyical they check everything. When my son turned 9 they check everything. I was in the room as well but  everything was check. They do the same with girls during a full physical. Better safe then sorry because when kids start getting older some tend to stop telling their parents things.

Johnsmom5892
by on Sep. 30, 2017 at 6:51 PM
After his circumcision the foreskin had to be pulled back and cleaned. Is that what you are talking about?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Johnsmom5892: I don't remember a doctor doing that to my son when he was older. As a baby yes but not at 12. The ball cough is acceptable.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 30, 2017 at 6:52 PM

That's what our pedi does, and I've never found it strange. The foreskin is just another part of a DS's body, why wouldn't she check it just like she checks his ears or nose.

Barlowgirl125
by Gold Member on Sep. 30, 2017 at 6:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I don’t think her son is circumcised. I think the doctor was just checking under the foreskin to make sure there wasn’t any issues with his penis.

Quoting Johnsmom5892: After his circumcision the foreskin had to be pulled back and cleaned. Is that what you are talking about?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Johnsmom5892
by on Sep. 30, 2017 at 6:54 PM
I just figured that out by google. You learn something new every day. Thank you.

Quoting Barlowgirl125: I don’t think her son is circumcised. I think the doctor was just checking under the foreskin to make sure there wasn’t any issues with his penis.

Quoting Johnsmom5892: After his circumcision the foreskin had to be pulled back and cleaned. Is that what you are talking about?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)