Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I called my son a moron and his principal scolded me.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
So my moron son (17) and his moron friends "pranked" the school today.
They painted a number 1 on one piglet and a 3 on another piglet. They then set the piglets loose in the hallways of the high school.
Yeah. I'm so proud.
Anyway, I guess staff had to "lockdown" the halls while they tried to catch the pigs. And they took about an hour to realize that there was no number 2. That was the joke.
When I came in to get my son, I called him a moron. He got it. That's how we are in our family. We're the freaking Goldbergs man.
Anyway, the principal gave me a lecture after asking my son to leave.
"Maybe he's acting out at school because he's being called names at home."
Ha. Sorry lady. My son is fine. He's acting up at school because he's a senior and thinks it's his right. They need to do so.ething about it. I'm not punishing him at home for this.

He got the idea from me in the first place. How can I punish him for doing something that I did as a teen?
He's suspended for two days.
Great punishment lady. Let them stay home and play video games as punishment.
If it had been my decision, they would have been hanging with the custodian for two days cleaning up after the pigs that call themselves high schoolers. But I'm not the principal.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 10, 2017 at 2:53 PM
Replies (161-170):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 13, 2017 at 2:35 PM
His father wasn't as amused.
He's on pig detail for two weeks.

Quoting Anonymous 30: You leave the all electronics just take all the power cords and his phone charger😈
EarlGrayHot
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2017 at 2:38 PM

You and your whole family are appalling.  No wonder he misbehaves. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 13, 2017 at 2:40 PM
😂😂😂😂
You don't know my family, lady. Take the stick out. It was a prank.

Quoting EarlGrayHot:

You and your whole family are appalling.  No wonder he misbehaves. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 31 on Oct. 13, 2017 at 2:43 PM

My kid would most definitely get in trouble for that. It is disruptive and disrespectful to the teachers, their classes and other people's time. I personally teach my kids that school is not the place for mindless pranks. To each their own but I would have punished my kid. Pranks that cause disruption, i.e. lockdown etc are not funny.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 13, 2017 at 2:47 PM
His father wasn't as amused as I was.
He was properly punished and all's well.

It was funny though and I'm not going to be all uptight about one incident in his four years in high school.
He's a good kid.

Quoting Anonymous 31:

My kid would most definitely get in trouble for that. It is disruptive and disrespectful to the teachers, their classes and other people's time. I personally teach my kids that school is not the place for mindless pranks. To each their own but I would have punished my kid. Pranks that cause disruption, i.e. lockdown etc are not funny.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 31 on Oct. 13, 2017 at 2:51 PM

Not saying he is a bad kid, but I am on your DH's side and I have a great sense of humor. I just don't find it funny.  Glad his father saw it that way, lol.  

Quoting Anonymous 1: His father wasn't as amused as I was. He was properly punished and all's well. It was funny though and I'm not going to be all uptight about one incident in his four years in high school. He's a good kid.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 32 on Oct. 13, 2017 at 3:03 PM

You shouldn't have called him that..maybe your the moron for calling him a moron. Teenagers do stupid shit...pranks are apart of  that sometimes. If your going to call the kid a moron..you should have waited until  you were home out of hear shot of a man dated reporter(aka the principal) . That's why he probably gave you a lecture without your son.  Maybe instead of calling him a moron, maybe you should explain to him how wrong it was to do a prank like that. I don't think he's acting out at school because your calling him names..He's a teenager , they do this..you could be the most calmest ,understanding, never name calling parent ever..and they would still pull pranks.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 13, 2017 at 3:08 PM
*you're
*a part
*you're
*mandated
*you're

He's fine. I didn't scar him for life. It's called a sense of humor.

Quoting Anonymous 32:

You shouldn't have called him that..maybe your the moron for calling him a moron. Teenagers do stupid shit...pranks are apart of  that sometimes. If your going to call the kid a moron..you should have waited until  you were home out of hear shot of a man dated reporter(aka the principal) . That's why he probably gave you a lecture without your son.  Maybe instead of calling him a moron, maybe you should explain to him how wrong it was to do a prank like that. I don't think he's acting out at school because your calling him names..He's a teenager , they do this..you could be the most calmest ,understanding, never name calling parent ever..and they would still pull pranks.

hart57
by Ruby Member on Oct. 13, 2017 at 3:12 PM
I agree we shouldn’t punish our kids if it didn’t happen at home.

Sigh....good luck with that attitude.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 32 on Oct. 13, 2017 at 3:13 PM

That's good he's fine..but instead of giving me grammer lessons..sorry granduated high school already...I was typing fast is why and no auto correct on my laptop. So sorry for the tyypos . Like I said, teens do stupid shit. I did pretty dumb stuff myself as a 17 year old..Don't worry he'll grow out of it..I did. And yes I have a sense of humor too. ,the pic I shared here..is part of my sense of humor..I wouldn't really do this btw ..its just funny

Quoting Anonymous 1: *you're *a part *you're *mandated *you're He's fine. I didn't scar him for life. It's called a sense of humor.
Quoting Anonymous 32:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)