Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My mother and I both volunteer in Awanas on Wed nights, she with the second graders and I with the first. We ride together. Last week when I couldn't find her in the sanctuary I went out to the car and waited on her, which took some time because she was looking for me. She told me I should know she wouldn't leave me and to wait to meet up in the sanctuary.

Well, last night - she left me! She got in the car with my nephew and just drove away. One of her co-teachers from her class texted her to tell her I was looking for her after the church was nearly empty, and that's when she realized she had forgotten me! She called me and told me to wait outside, she was turning around and coming back.

It was funny because I told the co-teacher of hers who texted her for me that I was not worried, she had to be here somewhere, because she had told me that, like the Holy Spirit, she would neither leave nor forsake me. So much for the Holy Spirit!

I told my nephew, 8, that I couldn't believe he let her leave without me! I said, 'When you were 3 your Mama took you to Disney Land and you wanted to know where your RaRa was, now, not only do you no longer call me RaRa, but you let your Mammaw leave without me! The whole thing was hilarious! And I was left waiting outside for 10, maybe 15 minutes, so no big deal, just a good laugh.
by on Oct. 12, 2017 at 7:18 AM
Replies (41-47):
tsatske2
by Latricia on Oct. 13, 2017 at 1:24 AM

Ra Ra was as close as he could get to my name at 2, and I encouraged it for as long as I could. But I have a niece (he has a cousin) named Moriah who goes by RaRa, so it couldn't last forever. Now he just calls me Aunt Latricia

Quoting Anonymous 10:

We joke about this as a family. My dad hates carrying keys so usually will give them to me. We will all get split up at larger places and generally dad has a habit of walking off, but mom and I try to keep everyone together. She will always go 'Oh we lost your dad again' and I just shrug, smile and say 'Oh well, I have the keys'. We had a friend with us at a flea market once and did this routine and her jaw dropped 'You just leave him here alone?!?!?' She has yet to live that down.

Do you mind me asking where RaRa came from? And what he calls you now? My nephew has always called me Nini (like new-new), still does at 16 even though my mom thought he would drop the term around 10ish. (though to his friends I am Aunt of course). We have a unique situation though as my parents, myself and my nephew all live together and I share as many parental duties as they do. My aunt who worked in social work always said that, even young, he knew our relationship wasn't that of his normal aunts so he created a word to indicate that I was different and therefore should have a special name. He is my only nephew but my BFF has two kids and I've been told they can call me Aunt but they can't call me Nini lol

tsatske2
by Latricia on Oct. 13, 2017 at 1:26 AM

LMBO, that's okay, dear. Like I said, it's not like I avoid talking about my faith, but I do avoid proselytizing all I can. I don't like it much. I never was the door-to-door type. 

Quoting Anonymous 7: I really don't want to hear about Jesus from you.
Quoting tsatske2:

Very much. Have I told you about Jesus lately? Oh, that's right, I seldom do that, unless I'm asked or it comes up in conversation. But since you asked, have I told you about Jesus lately?

bouncing

Quoting Anonymous 7: You’re a church lady?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Oct. 13, 2017 at 1:30 AM
Oh of course. I didn't think you were a share the faith type, anyway.

Quoting tsatske2:

LMBO, that's okay, dear. Like I said, it's not like I avoid talking about my faith, but I do avoid proselytizing all I can. I don't like it much. I never was the door-to-door type. 

Quoting Anonymous 7: I really don't want to hear about Jesus from you.

Quoting tsatske2:

Very much. Have I told you about Jesus lately? Oh, that's right, I seldom do that, unless I'm asked or it comes up in conversation. But since you asked, have I told you about Jesus lately?

bouncing

Quoting Anonymous 7: You’re a church lady?

CarlingRose
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2017 at 1:34 AM
Glad you and your family have a good relationship. I would've been a little miffed but like you said it was only 15 min or so.
1RedHottMama
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2017 at 2:45 AM
At least she didn't leave the eight year old. Glad you have a good sense of humor.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Oct. 13, 2017 at 2:54 AM
I once left my mom at the store. Anytime we went anywhere after that she would tease me about it. It was a great inside joke for us. Last time I saw her was saying goodbye at the airport. I teased her saying we were leaving her behind. We both laughed, still makes me smile.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Oct. 13, 2017 at 3:00 AM
Glad you had a nice laugh.

You sound like such a sweet person.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)