Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

she stole my recipe!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Sil (DH SISTER)
stole my brisket recipe . They invited us over for dinner and they served brisket. I should have known something was up because they never invite us over just because. And the whole time right before eating she had a stupid smirk on her face. As soon as I tasted it I knew it was my secret recipe. She knew it too. Dh and I stopped eating and excused ourselves. I hinted at dh and we left shortly after.

I have these recipes that were passed down from my grAndma. They are in a lockbox I keep in my bedroom. This means that when she babysitting ds she did a lot of snooping around. When I went home, I made sure all the recipes were accounted for but were not in order. I can’t believe she would do this. I seriously am so disappointed and disgusted that she would do something like this.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2017 at 9:08 PM
Replies (261-269):
SleuthMaria
by Love a tomb. on Oct. 14, 2017 at 4:06 AM

It's an Android, but I don't recall which one off hand. What about you?

Quoting ShaMac: This is week two for me and it changes every name I try to type. What phone do you have?
Quoting SleuthMaria:

I've had mine about a month. My old phone left properly spelled words alone, even some improperly spelled words. Sometimes, my text messages get weird when I don't catch that it did something like change "done" to "dream"

Quoting ShaMac: Mine is new and even changes some properly spelled words. Adds ' when one isn't needed. Then it capitalizes the last word of a sentence. I don't always catch what it does and sometimes it just doesn't make sense.
Quoting SleuthMaria:

If yours is anything like mine, you may have actually even spelled the correct word properly. My phone will often change a word I type correctly to a different word with some of the same letters. Apparantly, it thinks it knows more about what I'm trying to say than I do. (On my laptop now, so any misspelled words are my own doing. I've never been any good at spelling)

Quoting ShaMac: You are late to the game because that has already been pointed out. I know the difference but sometimes my new phone doesn't. I imagine I was miss spelling or fat thumbing the wrong letter and my phone decided to take matters into it's own hands. It's not that big of a deal and you knew what I meant.
Quoting mmm2015:

You mean Palate.. unless you have a wood platform to taste with lol

Quoting ShaMac: True... I have a good pallet so I can usually figure out what is in a recipe for the most part. Then I find variations on Pinterest and either go with the closest one or combine the recipes that are closest.
Quoting Anonymous 14: No one is this completely crackers about stupid recipes. Girl, there's only so many ways to do a brisket. It's not like she couldn't have just figured it out on her own.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 68 on Oct. 14, 2017 at 4:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Mine is an Android Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime and changes my words on here all the fucking time. It enrages me.

Before even submitting this comment I had to change 3 words! Maybe my fat fingers are causing the issue, but it is annoying as hell. I hate reading my comment after submitting it and having to go back and edit my comment. When I'm trying to be funny and witty it ruins the moment. Lol.

Quoting SleuthMaria:

Quoting ShaMac: This is week two for me and it changes every name I try to type.
What phone do you have?

Quoting SleuthMaria:

I've had mine about a month. My old phone left properly spelled words alone, even some improperly spelled words. Sometimes, my text messages get weird when I don't catch that it did something like change "done" to "dream"

Quoting ShaMac: Mine is new and even changes some properly spelled words. Adds ' when one isn't needed. Then it capitalizes the last word of a sentence. I don't always catch what it does and sometimes it just doesn't make sense.

Quoting SleuthMaria:

If yours is anything like mine, you may have actually even spelled the correct word properly. My phone will often change a word I type correctly to a different word with some of the same letters. Apparantly, it thinks it knows more about what I'm trying to say than I do. (On my laptop now, so any misspelled words are my own doing. I've never been any good at spelling)

Quoting ShaMac: You are late to the game because that has already been pointed out. I know the difference but sometimes my new phone doesn't. I imagine I was miss spelling or fat thumbing the wrong letter and my phone decided to take matters into it's own hands. It's not that big of a deal and you knew what I meant.

Quoting mmm2015:

Quoting ShaMac: True... I have a good pallet so I can usually figure out what is in a recipe for the most part. Then I find variations on Pinterest and either go with the closest one or combine the recipes that are closest.

Quoting Anonymous 14: No one is this completely crackers about stupid recipes. Girl, there's only so many ways to do a brisket. It's not like she couldn't have just figured it out on her own.

SleuthMaria
by Love a tomb. on Oct. 14, 2017 at 4:57 AM

I can understand that. I use my laptop on here most of the time. Still end up with typos or misspelled words (despite being an avid reader, I've always struggled with spelling). On the laptop, I sometimes type so fast that it misses keystrokes & I find missing letters or punctuation in what I've typed.

Quoting Anonymous 68: Mine is an Android Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime and changes my words on here all the fucking time. It enrages me. Before even submitting this comment I had to change 3 words! Maybe my fat fingers are causing the issue, but it is annoying as hell. I hate reading my comment after submitting it and having to go back and edit my comment. When I'm trying to be funny and witty it ruins the moment. Lol.
Quoting SleuthMaria:

Quoting ShaMac: This is week two for me and it changes every name I try to type. What phone do you have?
Quoting SleuthMaria:

Quoting SleuthMaria:

Quoting mmm2015:

B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Oct. 14, 2017 at 4:57 AM

I've never understood keeping recipes secret. Food is good. We should all share.

Peaceful.chaos
by Emerald Member on Oct. 14, 2017 at 4:57 AM
I don't get this crazy mentality over recipes. It's like someone went hiking and found a spot with a breathtaking view, but wouldn't tell anyone else how to get there. Instead, they would take them to the spot blindfolded so they could see it but never get back there. It's ridiculous.
ShaMac
by Ruby Member on Oct. 14, 2017 at 8:09 AM
Galaxy 8 something or other. I didn't choose it really just got the new model. I like the camera but the spell check is weird. It's my first that isn't an apple so there is a learning curve

Quoting SleuthMaria:

Quoting ShaMac: This is week two for me and it changes every name I try to type.
What phone do you have?

Quoting SleuthMaria:

Quoting SleuthMaria:

Quoting mmm2015:

ShaMac
by Ruby Member on Oct. 14, 2017 at 8:12 AM
Mine is an 8 and my first that isn't an apple. It's almost the size of my kindle and has no button. It's weird but I like the camera or I would if I ever figure out how to use it. I hate the screen shot nonsense about swiping your hand over and I can't get to the flashlight easily.

Quoting Anonymous 68: Mine is an Android Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime and changes my words on here all the fucking time. It enrages me.

Before even submitting this comment I had to change 3 words! Maybe my fat fingers are causing the issue, but it is annoying as hell. I hate reading my comment after submitting it and having to go back and edit my comment. When I'm trying to be funny and witty it ruins the moment. Lol.

Quoting SleuthMaria:

What phone do you have?

Quoting SleuthMaria:

Quoting SleuthMaria:

Quoting mmm2015:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 69 on Oct. 14, 2017 at 8:15 AM
Brisket is serious business.
Madeyemoody
by Constant vigilance on Oct. 14, 2017 at 8:39 AM
You keep recipes in a lockbox? Are you Col. fucking Sanders?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)