Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So tired

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I guess life is catching up. Or maybe my hormones are off. I don't know but I'm so sleepy lately. I took a 5 hour nap today and I just want to lay down right now.
What do you do when fatigue hits hard?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2017 at 9:13 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 13, 2017 at 11:08 AM
I do not envy you. Not even a little.

Quoting 1RedHottMama: Not much I can do I always need sleep but I have chronic insomnia and and even with medication I only sleep about three days a week and 2-4 hours. 34 years of fighting this battle.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 13, 2017 at 11:12 AM
Have you been tested for sleep apnea? Before I started using a CPAP, I could sleep 10 hours and still be tired, because I wasn't getting good sleep. That being said, I'm always a little sleepier this time if year, when it starts to get cold and dark earlier.
HHx5
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2017 at 11:15 AM
I had no idea that vitamin D has such an impact on one's health. All I'd ever heard was you can get it from milk and from sunlight. My symptoms were consistent with hypothyroidism until my blood work showed my thyroid levels were normal. I've been on a high dose of weekly vitamin D and I do feel better. Hope you will soon too!

Quoting Anonymous 1: Definitely high stress over here. You're right though. I had blood drawn 2 months ago but never returned. I need to follow up on that and probably have blood drawn again. I've since fixed my diet and lost weight so it's probably all improved but vitamin d is a struggle for me sometimes.

Quoting HHx5: Mental and emotional stress can definitely cause physical fatigue.

If you keep feeling run down get a check up. I've had all kinds of issues over the last year or at least that's when things have gotten bad enough for me to notice.

My blood was very low and anemic and I got that treated, still a little low but I'm feeling better. I think I must've had this going on for years and didn't know. Then my blood work showed my vitamin D is low so I'm working on that. I have several subluxations in my neck that I'm going to the chiropractor for and I know this has been going on for years, just got worse this past year. I am feeling better over all. I should've tackled some of this years ago. So don't wait about getting check-ups!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 13, 2017 at 11:24 AM
I recently bought an activity tracker and it reports that 85-90% of my sleep is good sleep. So I figure I'm gettin quality sleep. I don't know. Just finally getting ran down I suppose.

Quoting Anonymous 4: Have you been tested for sleep apnea? Before I started using a CPAP, I could sleep 10 hours and still be tired, because I wasn't getting good sleep. That being said, I'm always a little sleepier this time if year, when it starts to get cold and dark earlier.
1RedHottMama
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2017 at 2:00 PM
İ wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.Lifelong scars of abuse aren't only physical.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I do not envy you. Not even a little.

Quoting 1RedHottMama: Not much I can do I always need sleep but I have chronic insomnia and and even with medication I only sleep about three days a week and 2-4 hours. 34 years of fighting this battle.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 13, 2017 at 2:05 PM
Oh that’s miserable to feel tired. I understand. In my case, I have fibromyalgia so I feel exhausted that way 24/7. If it’s really bad I do try to sleep extra. Most days I have to fight it and stay awake or risk not getting to do anything. I do have to get a proper amount of sleep each night or my fatigue gets even worse than usual. It can be so bad!

Did your extra sleep help, OP? If so, that’s great!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 13, 2017 at 2:06 PM
Hugs!

Quoting 1RedHottMama: İ wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.Lifelong scars of abuse aren't only physical.

1RedHottMama
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2017 at 2:14 PM
Awwww,thank you, so sweet of you.

Quoting Anonymous 5: Hugs!

Quoting 1RedHottMama: İ wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.Lifelong scars of abuse aren't only physical.

left.drowning
by Fix Me on Oct. 13, 2017 at 2:15 PM
Sleep when I can.

If I can't then I just slug around.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 13, 2017 at 2:16 PM
B12
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)