Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Girls day birthday party? One kid cant sleep over?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Om planning on taking dd and her 2 best friends to the indoor water park hotel for dds birthday.

One girls mom said absolutely with no hesitation.

The other girl can come w me after school, drive an hr to the hotel w me, stay at the water park for a bit but has to be home at 530.
I can then pick her up again at 6am.

The reason? Her parents need her to watch hwr younger brother while they get drunk.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2017 at 7:41 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Oct. 13, 2017 at 8:12 AM
I'd be telling her mother, if you want your daughter picked up at 5:30 you can come and get her and if you want her to come back at 6 a.m. the next morning you can drive her. If you cannot do either of these things then don't even send your daughter because why should I leave my daughter's birthday party to accommodate you so that you can go out and get drunk?
bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 13, 2017 at 8:13 AM
2 moms liked this
I would tell them no and ask dd to pick another friend or just take the one. Odd numbers don’t work that well anyway with girls.
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Oct. 13, 2017 at 8:16 AM
1 mom liked this
I would tell them sorry that doesn't work for us. Then let DD invite another friend or just go with the two. I'm not driving all around .

Quoting Anonymous 1: Om planning on taking dd and her 2 best friends to the indoor water park hotel for dds birthday.

One girls mom said absolutely with no hesitation.

The other girl can come w me after school, drive an hr to the hotel w me, stay at the water park for a bit but has to be home at 530.
I can then pick her up again at 6am.

The reason? Her parents need her to watch hwr younger brother while they get drunk.
Sheila79
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2017 at 8:23 AM
They are a disgrace.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Oct. 13, 2017 at 8:34 AM

CPS has worse things to deal with. Drinking isn't illegal nor is a sibling watching a sibling.

Quoting Anonymous 8: CPS would be getting an anonymous call.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Oct. 13, 2017 at 8:46 AM
How old are these kids?
ShaMac
by Ruby Member on Oct. 13, 2017 at 8:49 AM
I do it too. I can't help myself. I know I shouldn't because I can end up in over my head at times but I always end up trying to save them all.

Quoting MrsDavis2k16: I would feel so badly for that girl. I’d probably invite the brother as well, so he can have fun too. I tend to try to “save” everyone though. And I know I’m in the very very small minority with my opinion.
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Oct. 13, 2017 at 8:50 AM

For what ? 

Quoting Anonymous 8: CPS would be getting an anonymous call.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 13, 2017 at 8:51 AM
They did. There always drunk. The girl had to call the cops on them cause mom tried to use scisors on her stitches and dad took them away and mom started attacking him

Quoting Dzyre1115: Bullshit, lol....they did not tell you that!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 13, 2017 at 8:52 AM
13 and 7

Quoting Anonymous 11: How old are these kids?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)