Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UPDATE 05/17/2018 Dwarfism doesn't slow us down

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

UPDATE SINCE CM IS CLOSING

. Teigan will be one year old in a week. Her growth has started slowing down. She's the same size as my 4 month old nephew now. It doesn't slow her down at all. She can climb just about anything, crawl, walk and run holding onto things, stand by herself. She occasionally tries walking on her own but it's difficult since she has so much hip abduction. We are ordering her some hip helpers that will help strengthen those muscles so she can walk with a normal gait pattern instead of waddling. We are pretty lucky though, most LP children aren't anywhere near walking at a year old. She graduated from speech and physical therapy. Now we have the AEA and Early Head Start come into our home a few times a month to work with her on things. She's really taken off lately in talking. She's also very very happy and social. If you have any questions feel free to ask. If you'd like to follow her story more, I am working on starting a blog. You can email me at pb.n.fish.sammich@gmail.com if you'd like to keep in touch or want to get the blog address when it's up and running.

October is Dwarfism Awareness month! This little miss has dwarfism (type undiagnosed yet). They said she would be behind but look at her determination! She is 4 months. Nothing will slow her down!
by on Oct. 13, 2017 at 1:13 PM
Replies (221-223):
pbnfish.sammich
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2018 at 9:05 AM
Do you belong to any of the polp and lpa parents groups on fb? We are in those. We still don't know what type Teigan has.

Quoting Rebel.Soul: He was diagnosed with Russell Silvers at around 8 months old.

Quoting pbnfish.sammich: He's a heart breaker for sure! What type of dwarfism does he have?

Quoting Rebel.Soul:

Mobile Photo

Here is mine. Almost 8 years old, weighs 38lbs and just moved up to a 4t in clothing.
Rebel.Soul
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2018 at 9:08 AM
No. I joined a RSS group, but it was never active.

Quoting pbnfish.sammich: Do you belong to any of the polp and lpa parents groups on fb? We are in those. We still don't know what type Teigan has.

Quoting Rebel.Soul: He was diagnosed with Russell Silvers at around 8 months old.

Quoting pbnfish.sammich: He's a heart breaker for sure! What type of dwarfism does he have?

Quoting Rebel.Soul:

Mobile Photo

Here is mine. Almost 8 years old, weighs 38lbs and just moved up to a 4t in clothing.
pbnfish.sammich
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2018 at 9:15 AM
Check put POLP and LPA Parents Page on fb. They're nice groups.

Quoting Rebel.Soul: No. I joined a RSS group, but it was never active.

Quoting pbnfish.sammich: Do you belong to any of the polp and lpa parents groups on fb? We are in those. We still don't know what type Teigan has.

Quoting Rebel.Soul:

Mobile Photo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)