Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why is this an insult on here?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
When a mom is trying to figure out how to either go to college for the first time, finish a degree, start towards a different degree, or to earn a higher degree, why do some of you have to put down the mom and say, "Should have finished college before having kids."? I don't get it. Why is it a bad thing if a mom wants to go to college for any reason after having kids? Life happens. Things change. A mom could have had a well paying career but the field wasn't giving the mom the opportunities she hoped for. Or her current career path didn't leave much family time. Or she decided to be a SAHM because, at the time, it was what was best for her family. Or she might have not had anyone to cosign student loans at 18.

I just think it's stupid to put down anyone that wants to get a higher education, no matter what point they're at in their life.

Sorry. Vent over.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 14, 2017 at 12:35 PM
Replies (221-223):
Southern_Song
by Jo on Nov. 17, 2017 at 11:01 AM
I agree. I fully support and encourage women working toward the future at 16 or 96
VegetaPrincess
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2017 at 7:08 PM
A lot of people on here are anti-education. I'm going back to school in the fall. I'm sure that makes me a loser to them. Oh well. It's sad to me that some people think they aren't allowed to learn anymore because they've had children or they're too old.
BatKrazy
by on Jan. 14, 2018 at 2:22 PM

I too think self progression no matter the stage in your life is a great choice. If you are looking to grow as an individual go for it. I think a lot of the people pulling others down just don't know how to grow themselves. They are stereo typical bullies. In life take the good and leave the negative behind. Life is definitely what we make it. Not the views or opinions of others and their lack of actions. Many people choose to blame or become stagnant simply because "I'm a parent". Kids learn from your lead so what is better than having your kids see and example of courage and growth. So many parents say "I'd die for my child" I say I "live for my kids" I didn't all of a sudden become a zombie because I had kids. I went back to school after I was already a mom. My kids watched me do homework (they do their homework, come to me for help), they watched me push forward and reach goals (they set goals for themselves).  I am happy, able to provide better for them.  We have more time together because I am not attempting to hold a bunch of pt jobs that don't 1) give me time with them and 2) that I am not happy doing.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)