Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you have grounded him?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 453 Replies
My 13yo son went with a friend to a middle school football game last night. While he was gone I went to work and my husband went to bed (he works over night). At 8:15 he was on his way back home. He texted me and asked if I could pick him up at this friends house after work. I told him no that if he wanted to go to tge friends house yes have to call his sister who would pick him up after hanging out with ger friends....or go home instead of this friends house.

So i go back to work and at 10:11 I get a text that says "I'm sleeping over my game was canceled for the morning". So i call him immediately and say no he can't sleep over, that he has a game at 11 and it would be very inconvienent to me to have to get him in the am. I again say call your sister she'll get you.

At 10:34 he calls me and says his friends mom wants to talk to me. I was pissed. I say fine sleep over we'll talk about this in the morning.

He walked home at 9 to get ready for his game and i inform him he's grounded for a week. For pushing when I'd already said no.

Just wait till i see this mom. It was none of her business!

He never called his sister.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 15, 2017 at 4:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Oct. 15, 2017 at 4:12 PM
19 moms liked this
I'm the bitch who wouldn't have given in. I'd have told the mom that I was sorry, but I had already said no.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 15, 2017 at 4:12 PM
4 moms liked this
I would have never said fine. No means no. You caved be mad at yourself.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 15, 2017 at 4:13 PM
2 moms liked this
I would not ground him, no. It's not a big deal.
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Oct. 15, 2017 at 4:13 PM
10 moms liked this
I honestly would have told the mom No I already told him he needs to sleep at home. Could you please make sure he calls his sister . She is his ride home .
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 15, 2017 at 4:15 PM
3 moms liked this
No. You gave him reasons why and he was problem solving to address your reasons. And you allowed the sleepover.

If I give a hard no, its a no. But if I give a no “because . . . “ and he can make the because disappear, thats fine by me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 15, 2017 at 4:16 PM
3 moms liked this
I would have told the mom he will not be sleeping over and his sister will be picking him up. I would not have allowed him to stay the night after I had already told him no. I would have called dd and told her to go get him myself. He would have lost going to friends houses for awhile as a result of causing my trouble.
Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Oct. 15, 2017 at 4:16 PM
3 moms liked this
Me too.

Quoting Danesmommy1: I'm the bitch who wouldn't have given in. I'd have told the mom that I was sorry, but I had already said no.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2017 at 4:17 PM
At that point i couldn't get him and had to get back to work. I couldn't have him walk home.

Quoting Danesmommy1: I'm the bitch who wouldn't have given in. I'd have told the mom that I was sorry, but I had already said no.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2017 at 4:17 PM
At that point I couldn't get him and had to get back to work. I wouldn't have him walk at that time either.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I would have never said fine. No means no. You caved be mad at yourself.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2017 at 4:18 PM
1 mom liked this
It's not a big deal that your kids don't listen?

Quoting Anonymous 3: I would not ground him, no. It's not a big deal.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)