Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sucking all the magic and fun out of the holidays!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 116 Replies
4 moms liked this
Okay I will not bash anyone's religion but I feel so bad for these kids. They don't get to experience all the magic and fun of the holidays.

They don't celebrate Halloween at all. No trick or treat, no costumes, no decorations, nothing at all!

They half way celebrate Christmas. No santa, no elves, no Christmas trees, no stockings, no wrapped presents, but their parents give them gifts but they know mom and dad bought them.

And these people are Christians! I am Christian and I let my kids experience and enjoy the holidays. I don't think God cares if you dress up like a bunny one day out of a year. I also dont think he cares if you think a old fat man from the north pole gives you presents once a year for good behavior.

It's all in good fun. So let your children enjoy it.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 16, 2017 at 7:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lapcounter
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 16, 2017 at 7:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Okay
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 16, 2017 at 7:39 AM
10 moms liked this
I feel for any kid growing up in a religious household. I consider western religions to be on the cusp of abusive.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 16, 2017 at 7:40 AM
3 moms liked this
I’m sure those children are just as happy as yours.
myshoes
by Platinum Member on Oct. 16, 2017 at 7:42 AM
11 moms liked this
I feel bad that you can only see your way of obtaining joy. I celebrate the way you do but I don't think "my" way is the only way or even the best way.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 16, 2017 at 7:44 AM
You do know there are plenty of holidays other religions celebrate right? My kids aren't missing out on anything, they have plenty of fun celebrating their own holidays.
Curlymom234
by Flamingo lady on Oct. 16, 2017 at 7:46 AM
4 moms liked this

We're a Christian family and DS still gets Santa, Halloween and the Easter Bunny. I've never understood that philosophy either. 

PJMM
by Ruby Member on Oct. 16, 2017 at 7:46 AM
2 moms liked this
I'm not religious but what's the problem here? The kids can go to a church's fall fair for Halloween. As for Christmas i guess they believe in emphasizing the Christ story. Same with Easter. There's nothing wrong with that. The way you're carrying on i thought they were JW.
karene999
by Silver Member on Oct. 16, 2017 at 7:47 AM
5 moms liked this

not your kids, not your place, MYOB

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 16, 2017 at 7:48 AM
I am commenting that the fact that this other family and my family are the same religion but we celebrate holidays very differently. It just seems they sucked all the fun and magic out of the holidays.

Quoting Anonymous 4: You do know there are plenty of holidays other religions celebrate right? My kids aren't missing out on anything, they have plenty of fun celebrating their own holidays.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 16, 2017 at 7:50 AM
4 moms liked this
Neither do I. My best friend said that she didn't want her son to grow up knowing about Santa or the Easter bunny or etc. I looked at her and said "That's not fair to him, let him enjoy the magic for a little bit. Don't let him be the kid that ruins it for everyone else."

Quoting Curlymom234:

We're a Christian family and DS still gets Santa, Halloween and the Easter Bunny. I've never understood that philosophy either. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)