Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i need to calm down and not let this get to me

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 77 Replies
3 moms liked this
Ok. So the situation is I'm divorced with full custody of my two children with their dad not even having visitation rights bc of his abusive and violent tendencies and drug abuse. However, I am being bashed for not letting allowing their dad to see them. His family is harassing me and saying it not fair for them to be raised without knowing their dad. Idk if they just don't know of his violent nature and drug abuse or if they just don't care. In any case, it bothers me to no end. People are treating me as the bad guy when all I'm doing is protecting my children. What's not fair is that he chose drugs and theft and other illegal things over us. But that's not my fault. I'm the one with a job and taking care of the kids. He is jobless living off girlfriends.
I am just tired of being seen as the bad guy I guess. But I am NOT putting my children in harm's way just to appease people who don't even know them especially.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 16, 2017 at 11:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ReedusStalker
by 11-15/3-27 on Oct. 16, 2017 at 11:43 AM
6 moms liked this
Tell them to take it up with the judge.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 16, 2017 at 11:44 AM
4 moms liked this
Give them the phone number of the judge who didn't grant visitation. ;)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 16, 2017 at 11:46 AM
5 moms liked this

You should probably block his family members.  I'm sorry you are dealing with this.

Geeez17
by Emerald Member on Oct. 16, 2017 at 11:46 AM
3 moms liked this
You are doing the right thing by your children. No judge in his right mind would give him visitation. If they co tinue to harrass you, tell them what a low life he is.
Horticulturemom
by on Oct. 16, 2017 at 11:47 AM
3 moms liked this
So don't talk to any of them, block them on social media, and who gives a fuck what they think?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 16, 2017 at 11:47 AM
1 mom liked this
I've even showed them proof but they don't believe me

Quoting Geeez17: You are doing the right thing by your children. No judge in his right mind would give him visitation. If they co tinue to harrass you, tell them what a low life he is.
mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Oct. 16, 2017 at 11:48 AM
3 moms liked this

why are you even engaging with these people??

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 16, 2017 at 11:49 AM
2 moms liked this
Block them in every way. Block them from your phone, block them from social media, get a restraining order if you must. Move if you can.
Karopie_99
by Gold Member on Oct. 16, 2017 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Get a restraining order against them for harrassing you. Or tell them to take you to court and they pay that bill. You're doing what you need to do to keep your kids safe. They need to knock it off. Maybe they should pay more attention to him and get him help!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 16, 2017 at 11:51 AM
1 mom liked this

It's perfectly fair to not let a loser druggie in your kids' lives. I know it's said a lot on here but I'd cut every single family of his out of our lives until further notice. Block them all on your phone and social media. They all did it to themselves including the ex. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)